Re: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck

  • Linda Light
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
      Kent,
      I'm available any Friday evening in Dec (1, 8, 15), and the other Saturdays (9, 16). Would any of those work?

      Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
        Linda--in your opinion, which of those dates would attract most people's attention?

        Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

        Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
        Monica Bellas
        Cerritos College

        >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
        >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
        >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
        >
        >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
        >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
        >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
        >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
        >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
        >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
        >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
        >

        >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
        >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://www.eset.com

        http://www.eset.com

        http://www.eset.com

      • Linda Light
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
          Kent, I think the earlier the better.
          Linda

          Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

          Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
          Monica Bellas
          Cerritos College

          >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
          >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
          >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
          >
          >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
          >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
          >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
          >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
          >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
          >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
          >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
          >

          >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
          >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://www.eset.com

          http://www.eset.com

          http://www.eset.com

        • bud19dha52
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
            Mark--we couldn't have gotten this off the ground without your
            encouragement...thanks for everything!!!...Kent

            --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lewine" <mlewine@...> wrote:

            > At first this message just made me jealous because you have so
            many community colleges and anth profs that you can have a real
            local regional network with my favorite method of 'meeting'=
            potlucks. Other than sharing an archaeological dig with a group
            playing together in the dig 'sandbox', sharing food at a potluck
            seems the ideal way to get a SACC network going. Congrats to Kent
            and Diane...it makes me want to bring back my Ohio Anthrolink,
            where we shared food and a presentation from one of us on our latest
            work. In our area, we had to include all anthro's to get a critical
            mass of folks, though. We did have a newsletter, however, once we
            got it up and running, and that helped keep the core of regulars
            going. Now it would be easier to do the newsletter as it could be
            done online obviously.

          • Monica Bellas
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
              Kent --
              I'm glad to see that Linda volunteered for the next potluck...I live in
              Murrieta (on the border between Riverside/San Diego counties -- exactly 70
              miles from Cerritos College) so my place is definitely NOT centrally
              located. But I am looking forward to the potluck and will do my best to
              come.
              Thanks for getting this going,
              Monica
              Cerritos College
              Norwalk, CA

              "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
              body,
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...
              "HOLY SHIT...WHAT A RIDE!"

            • Kent Morris
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 10, 2006
                Monica--Fantastic!!! Looking forward to meeting you in person...Kent

                http://www.eset.com