Re: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck

  • Kent Morris
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
      Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
        Kent,
        I'm available any Friday evening in Dec (1, 8, 15), and the other Saturdays (9, 16). Would any of those work?

        Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

        Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
        Monica Bellas
        Cerritos College

        >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
        >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
        >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
        >
        >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
        >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
        >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
        >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
        >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
        >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
        >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
        >

        >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
        >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://www.eset.com

        http://www.eset.com

      • Kent Morris
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
          Linda--in your opinion, which of those dates would attract most people's attention?

          Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

          Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
          Monica Bellas
          Cerritos College

          >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
          >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
          >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
          >
          >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
          >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
          >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
          >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
          >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
          >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
          >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
          >

          >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
          >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://www.eset.com

          http://www.eset.com

          http://www.eset.com

        • Linda Light
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
            Kent, I think the earlier the better.
            Linda

            Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

            Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
            Monica Bellas
            Cerritos College

            >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
            >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
            >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
            >
            >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
            >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
            >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
            >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
            >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
            >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
            >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
            >

            >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
            >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://www.eset.com

            http://www.eset.com

            http://www.eset.com

          • bud19dha52
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
              Mark--we couldn't have gotten this off the ground without your
              encouragement...thanks for everything!!!...Kent

              --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lewine" <mlewine@...> wrote:

              > At first this message just made me jealous because you have so
              many community colleges and anth profs that you can have a real
              local regional network with my favorite method of 'meeting'=
              potlucks. Other than sharing an archaeological dig with a group
              playing together in the dig 'sandbox', sharing food at a potluck
              seems the ideal way to get a SACC network going. Congrats to Kent
              and Diane...it makes me want to bring back my Ohio Anthrolink,
              where we shared food and a presentation from one of us on our latest
              work. In our area, we had to include all anthro's to get a critical
              mass of folks, though. We did have a newsletter, however, once we
              got it up and running, and that helped keep the core of regulars
              going. Now it would be easier to do the newsletter as it could be
              done online obviously.

            • Monica Bellas
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
                Kent --
                I'm glad to see that Linda volunteered for the next potluck...I live in
                Murrieta (on the border between Riverside/San Diego counties -- exactly 70
                miles from Cerritos College) so my place is definitely NOT centrally
                located. But I am looking forward to the potluck and will do my best to
                come.
                Thanks for getting this going,
                Monica
                Cerritos College
                Norwalk, CA

                "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                body,
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...
                "HOLY SHIT...WHAT A RIDE!"

              • Kent Morris
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 10, 2006
                  Monica--Fantastic!!! Looking forward to meeting you in person...Kent

                  http://www.eset.com