RE: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck

  • Monica Bellas
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 4, 2006
      Hey --
      Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
      Monica Bellas
      Cerritos College

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 5, 2006
          Hi Monica! Thanks for inquiring...

          The first get-together was a complete success--all five (including two spouses) who said they would show up did!!!--the former VP of Southern California SACC, the editor of the Annual Editions series, and a professor from San Diego. As one of them said, all great things start small!!! So even though Dec. 2 is right in the middle of the Holiday season, we hope we can attract at least a few more folk who would like to do something a little different over the holidays. Would you be interested in hosting? Or do you know someone who might be interested? Hope you're having a great semester...

          Kent
          Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
          Monica Bellas
          Cerritos College

          >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
          >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
          >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
          >
          >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
          >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
          >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
          >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
          >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
          >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
          >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
          >

          >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
          >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://www.eset.com

        • Linda Light
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
            Darn, we have tickets for the Pacific Symphony for that night. Otherwise, I'd offer my place to host it.
            Linda Light

            Kent Morris <km@...> wrote:
            Hi Monica! Thanks for inquiring...

            The first get-together was a complete success--all five (including two spouses) who said they would show up did!!!--the former VP of Southern California SACC, the editor of the Annual Editions series, and a professor from San Diego. As one of them said, all great things start small!!! So even though Dec. 2 is right in the middle of the Holiday season, we hope we can attract at least a few more folk who would like to do something a little different over the holidays. Would you be interested in hosting? Or do you know someone who might be interested? Hope you're having a great semester...

            Kent
            Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
            Monica Bellas
            Cerritos College

            >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
            >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
            >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
            >
            >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
            >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
            >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
            >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
            >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
            >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
            >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
            >

            >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
            >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://www.eset.com

          • Kent Morris

              Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
              Monica Bellas
              Cerritos College

              >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
              >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
              >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
              >
              >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
              >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
              >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
              >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
              >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
              >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
              >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
              >

              >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
              >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://www.eset.com

              http://www.eset.com

            • Linda Light
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
                Kent,
                I'm available any Friday evening in Dec (1, 8, 15), and the other Saturdays (9, 16). Would any of those work?

                Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

                Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
                Monica Bellas
                Cerritos College

                >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
                >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
                >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
                >
                >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
                >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
                >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
                >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
                >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
                >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
                >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
                >

                >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
                >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://www.eset.com

                http://www.eset.com

              • Kent Morris
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
                  Linda--in your opinion, which of those dates would attract most people's attention?

                  Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

                  Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
                  Monica Bellas
                  Cerritos College

                  >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
                  >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
                  >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
                  >
                  >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
                  >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
                  >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
                  >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
                  >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
                  >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
                  >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
                  >

                  >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
                  >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://www.eset.com

                  http://www.eset.com

                  http://www.eset.com

                • Linda Light
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
                    Kent, I think the earlier the better.
                    Linda

                    Linda--what night would you be available if I need to change the date?

                    Couldn't make the first one...how'd it go?
                    Monica Bellas
                    Cerritos College

                    >From: "bud19dha52" <km@...>
                    >To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck
                    >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:04 -0000
                    >
                    >We need someone to host the next SACC potluck in Southern California
                    >on Saturday, December 2, from 7pm to 10pm. Your home should be
                    >located in a centralized location in the Orange County/Los Angeles
                    >area and large enough to accommodate up to 15 people. Please contact
                    >either Kent Morris at (714)528-5468/km@... or Diane Levine
                    >at (818)710-2876/levinep@.... for further info. You'll
                    >be doing the local anthropology subculture a world of good!!!
                    >

                    >Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW
                    >ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    http://www.eset.com

                    http://www.eset.com

                    http://www.eset.com

                  • bud19dha52
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
                      Mark--we couldn't have gotten this off the ground without your
                      encouragement...thanks for everything!!!...Kent

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
                        Kent --
                        I'm glad to see that Linda volunteered for the next potluck...I live in
                        Murrieta (on the border between Riverside/San Diego counties -- exactly 70
                        miles from Cerritos College) so my place is definitely NOT centrally
                        located. But I am looking forward to the potluck and will do my best to
                        come.
                        Thanks for getting this going,
                        Monica
                        Cerritos College
                        Norwalk, CA

                        "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                        body,
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...
                        "HOLY SHIT...WHAT A RIDE!"

                      • Kent Morris
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 10, 2006
                          Monica--Fantastic!!! Looking forward to meeting you in person...Kent

                          http://www.eset.com