Website Update

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
      Dear SACC Members,

      The new SACC website is making good progress. We have a Welcome page;
      announcement of Annual Meeting in Monterey; and information on Joining
      SACC, SACC Board Members, History of SACC, Archaeology Research Update,
      and Archaeology Teaching Resources. Deborah is waiting to receive
      permission from her school to use their address before the site can be
      up and running.

      This website is an opportunity to give visibility to the contributions
      of community college educators and to SACC (and of course to those
      teaching at four year colleges too). To date, we have received only a
      handful of member profiles, publications, fieldwork, and student
      opportunities, which will be separate pages on the website. Please take
      a few minutes over the weekend to prepare your entries and send your
      submissions to kauppa@... Guidelines for your submissions are below.
      Remember that your input will make this a much richer and informative
      site.

      Note: Please keep your profile, fieldwork, and student opportunities
      entries to no more than one or two paragraphs or 150 words each
      (approximately half a page). All entries will be edited by the web task
      force.

      Re: Publications
      a. If you have more than 8, include only a representative selection or
      the most recent (past three years, give or take).
      b. Send clean, complete, and accurate bibliographic entries and sort
      into chronological order from oldest to newest.
      c. Sort out between books and articles.
      d. If the title isn't self-explanatory, include a one-sentence summary.
      e. We can link to your personal web site, if you wish. Provide the full
      link.

      Re: Profiles
      In your profile include information on where you work, your research,
      classes taught, email address, and personal web page links (optional).

      Re: Fieldwork
      Describe your fieldwork projects. This page will be sorted by project,
      not person.

      Re: Student Opportunities
      teaching projects and fieldtrips (sorted by project) to include short
      description, contact person, and dates if known.

      The Web Task Force