Website Progress Report

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: "Kaupp, Ann" <KAUPPA@...>
      > Date: September 29, 2006 2:12:15 PM CDT
      > To: "Lloyd Miller" <lloyd.miller@...>
      > Subject: can you resend for me?
      >
      > Lloyd, I receive a yahoo message that this didn�t go out. Can you
      > send this out to the listserve?
      >

      > Dear SACC Members,
      >

      > The new SACC website is making good progress. We have a Welcome
      > page; announcement of Annual Meeting in Monterey; and information
      > on Joining SACC, SACC Board Members, History of SACC, Archaeology
      > Research Update, and Archaeology Teaching Resources. Deborah is
      > waiting to receive permission from her school to use their address
      > before the site can be up and running.
      >

      > This website is an opportunity to give visibility to the
      > contributions of community college educators and to SACC (and of
      > course to those teaching at four year colleges too). To date, we
      > have received only a handful of member profiles, publications,
      > fieldwork, and student opportunities, which will be separate pages
      > on the website. Please take a few minutes over the weekend to
      > prepare your entries and send your submissions to kauppa@...
      > Guidelines for your submissions are below. Remember that your
      > input will make this a much richer and informative site.
      >

      > Note: Please keep your profile, fieldwork, and student
      > opportunities entries to no more than one or two paragraphs or 150
      > words each (approximately half a page). All entries will be edited
      > by the web task force.
      >

      > Re: Publications
      >
      > a. If you have more than 8, include only a representative selection
      > or the most recent (past three years, give or take).
      >
      > b. Send clean, complete, and accurate bibliographic entries and
      > sort into chronological order from oldest to newest.
      >
      > c. Sort out between books and articles.
      >
      > d. If the title isn't self-explanatory, include a one-sentence
      > summary.
      >
      > e. We can link to your personal web site, if you wish. Provide the
      > full link.
      >

      > Re: Profiles
      >
      > In your profile include information on where you work, your
      > research, classes taught, email address, and personal web page
      > links (optional).
      >

      > Re: Fieldwork
      >
      > Describe your fieldwork projects. This page will be sorted by
      > project, not person.
      >

      > Re: Student Opportunities
      >
      > teaching projects and fieldtrips (sorted by project) to include
      > short description, contact person, and dates if known.
      >

      > The Web Task Force

    • Melvin Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        I just thought of something else, could we put up the registration form for the SACC
        meeting at Asilomar, Monterey? In addition to the having that available for the
        Listserve?

        Also, I will not be attending the annual meeting in San Jose, so if you have anything
        you wish me to address in my report please let me know. Thanks, Mel Johnson

        > > Lloyd, I receive a yahoo message that this didn’t go out. Can you
        > > send this out to the listserve?
        > >

        > > Dear SACC Members,
        > >

        > > The new SACC website is making good progress. We have a Welcome
        > > page; announcement of Annual Meeting in Monterey; and information
        > > on Joining SACC, SACC Board Members, History of SACC, Archaeology
        > > Research Update, and Archaeology Teaching Resources. Deborah is
        > > waiting to receive permission from her school to use their address
        > > before the site can be up and running.
        > >

        > > This website is an opportunity to give visibility to the
        > > contributions of community college educators and to SACC (and of
        > > course to those teaching at four year colleges too). To date, we
        > > have received only a handful of member profiles, publications,
        > > fieldwork, and student opportunities, which will be separate pages
        > > on the website. Please take a few minutes over the weekend to
        > > prepare your entries and send your submissions to kauppa@...
        > > Guidelines for your submissions are below. Remember that your
        > > input will make this a much richer and informative site.
        > >

        > > Note: Please keep your profile, fieldwork, and student
        > > opportunities entries to no more than one or two paragraphs or 150
        > > words each (approximately half a page). All entries will be edited
        > > by the web task force.
        > >

        > > Re: Publications
        > >
        > > a. If you have more than 8, include only a representative selection
        > > or the most recent (past three years, give or take).
        > >
        > > b. Send clean, complete, and accurate bibliographic entries and
        > > sort into chronological order from oldest to newest.
        > >
        > > c. Sort out between books and articles.
        > >
        > > d. If the title isn't self-explanatory, include a one-sentence
        > > summary.
        > >
        > > e. We can link to your personal web site, if you wish. Provide the
        > > full link.
        > >

        > > Re: Profiles
        > >
        > > In your profile include information on where you work, your
        > > research, classes taught, email address, and personal web page
        > > links (optional).
        > >

        > > Re: Fieldwork
        > >
        > > Describe your fieldwork projects. This page will be sorted by
        > > project, not person.
        > >

        > > Re: Student Opportunities
        > >
        > > teaching projects and fieldtrips (sorted by project) to include
        > > short description, contact person, and dates if known.
        > >

        > > The Web Task Force

        > ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc. Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Renee Garcia
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
          Can anyone recommend a thorough and interesting book on globalization and
          anthropology? It does not have to be a text book per se.

          Thank you for the help.
          Renee

          Renee Garcia
          Saddleback College
          Dept. of Anthropology
          Universite de Bordeaux I
          Anthropologie Biologique
        • Kent Morris
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
            global problems and the culture of capitalism, richard h. robbins, allyn & bacon
            global problems: the search for equity, peace, and sustainability, scott sernau, allyn & bacon
            anthropology and contemporary human problems, john h. bodley, mayfield