book reviewer needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
      Dear Colleagues:

      SACC NOTES received a review copy of the following book: BRASS
      BAJA: STORIES FROM THE WORLD OF INDIAN WEDDING BANDS by Gregory D.
      Booth. Oxford University Press, 2005. The author is Senior
      Lecturer, Dept. of Anthropology and the School of Music. Univ. of
      Auckland, New Zealand. From the dust jacket: "...a highly original
      and innovative book, the first of its kind to be attempted in the
      South Asian context. Greg Booth always [has] something new and
      captivating in his work."

      Please let me know if you're interested in reviewing this for
      TEACHING ANTHROPOLOGY: SACC NOTES.

      Lloyd Miller (Editor)
    • Hare II, William E
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
        Hi Lloyd,

        I would consider it. I am teaching a "Music Cultures of the World"
        course this semester. Depending on the complexity of the writing, I
        might be able to assign a chapter to my students and get their
        perspective as well as mine.

        SACC NOTES received a review copy of the following book: BRASS
        BAJA: STORIES FROM THE WORLD OF INDIAN WEDDING BANDS by Gregory D.
        Booth. Oxford University Press, 2005. The author is Senior
        Lecturer, Dept. of Anthropology and the School of Music. Univ. of
        Auckland, New Zealand. From the dust jacket: "...a highly original
        and innovative book, the first of its kind to be attempted in the
        South Asian context. Greg Booth always [has] something new and
        captivating in his work."

        Please let me know if you're interested in reviewing this for
        TEACHING ANTHROPOLOGY: SACC NOTES.

        Lloyd Miller (Editor)

        -------
        NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown
        in the headers. The real sender of this message is:
        sentto-126016-3515-1157469736-whare=trcc.commnet.edu@...
        o.com

        If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would
        need to add
        sentto-126016-3515-1157469736-whare=trcc.commnet.edu@...
        o.com to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see
        the Anti-Spam FAQ item:
        http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender