FW: RE: VP Membership

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
      Here is information from Mark, who has been our VP for Membership for quite
      some time. Anyone interested in taking this on?

      Also, Becky Stein reminded me that Program Chair is also available if anyone
      is interested.

      Cheers & Thanks!
      Dianne

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
        I will be happy to assist the next VP Membership with the background
        info for the work, the contacts with AAA and the other organizations,
        then with the duties which can be a bit much at times for one person,
        particularly if you do not have staff help. Mark

        Here is information from Mark, who has been our VP for Membership for
        quite some time. Anyone interested in taking this on?

        Also, Becky Stein reminded me that Program Chair is also available if
        anyone is interested.

        Cheers & Thanks!
        Dianne

        >There is an actual description somewhere, I will have to look; My view
        >of it is:
        >1. Identify and maintain a list of members of various categories in
        >collaboration with the SACC Treasurer and the AAA Membership staff 2.
        >Represent SACC in AAA on issues of membership status and change 3.
        >Develop and maintain an ongoing process to identify potential members
        >from community colleges and related groups and organizations in
        >anthropology: (AEC, CAE, NASA, SAA, Small Dept's, ASA, AACC) 4. Support

        >marketing of the annual SACC meeting as our major means of membership
        >recruitment

        Yahoo! Groups Links