Re: [SACC-L] Survey of national populations--acceptance of evolution

  • Philip Stein
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2006
      I think that we're seeing the fruits of poor science
      edution and lack of critical thinking skills. We are a
      technologically advanced country, yet we have far from
      the best education system (excluding community
      colleges, of course). Last year an article appeared
      (somewhere) that research labs were in trouble because
      the US government was slowing down on the processing
      of visas for foreign-trained scientists who make up a
      very significant percentage of researchers in our
      county.

      Have a great Fall semester! Teach evolution! Teach
      critical thinking!

      Phil

      --- Deborah Shepherd

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 20, 2006
        Bill, the story that I was told is that 'Dubya' got his only A in college from Margaret Mead who was replacing a friend at Yale on Sabbatical. She announced that she did not believe in grading her students so that everyone in the class received an A.