RE: [SACC-L] Teaching Evolution

  • Tara Hefferan
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi!

      As I'm preparing lectures on evolution for my Intro classes next week, I'm
      wondering whether anyone can suggest some especially helpful / "popular"
      exercises or activities they've used to teach evolutionary theory or the
      scientific method?

      Cheers,
      Tara L. Hefferan, Ph.D.
      Visiting Assistant Professor
      Department of Sociology and Anthropology
      Alma College
      614 W. Superior St.
      Alma, MI 48801
      Ph: 989-463-7186
      Email: hefferan@...
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 20, 2006
        Bill, the story that I was told is that 'Dubya' got his only A in college from Margaret Mead who was replacing a friend at Yale on Sabbatical. She announced that she did not believe in grading her students so that everyone in the class received an A.