RE: [SACC-L] Survey of national populations--acceptance of evolution

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2006
      I am tempted to say: "And U.S. Americans should believe in evolution
      because....?"

      This is not to question the aptness or explanatory power of evolutionary
      theory itself, but to ask instead why we might think that U.S. Americans
      SHOULD be any more likely to accept evolutionary theory than anyone else
      in the world? What characteristics of U.S. American make us think these
      survey results are unexpected or unusual?

      Brian

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 20, 2006
        Bill, the story that I was told is that 'Dubya' got his only A in college from Margaret Mead who was replacing a friend at Yale on Sabbatical. She announced that she did not believe in grading her students so that everyone in the class received an A.