Re: [SACC-L] Survey of national populations--acceptance of evolution

    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2006
      Deborah,

      This is strictly anecdotal, but some years ago a well-educated
      Mexican friend of mine�a teacher of American literature at a Mexican
      university�told me that the most puzzling thing about the U.S. and
      American culture to her was our persistent and highly emotional
      rejection of evolution theory. I guess I'm not surprised at the
      survey you cited.

      Best,
      Lloyd Miller

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 20, 2006
        Bill, the story that I was told is that 'Dubya' got his only A in college from Margaret Mead who was replacing a friend at Yale on Sabbatical. She announced that she did not believe in grading her students so that everyone in the class received an A.