Survey of national populations--acceptance of evolution

    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 30, 2006
      Does anyone know the source of this information?

      I came across a very brief note in the current issue of The Week
      magazine stating that in a survey of 33 developed nations (the nations
      were not listed), the United States ranked second among nations for the
      highest percentage of the population rejecting evolutionary theory. The
      number one nation in this survey was Turkey!

      I did find another (similar) piece of research, but it doesn't involve
      Turkey. An article by Gregory S. Paul, "Cross-National Correlations of
      Quantifiable Societal Health with Popular Religiosity and Secularism in
      the Prosperous Democracies," Journal of Religion and Society, is
      interesting: http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

      It tells much the same story (fig. 1), but I'd like to see the data
      with that larger list of 33 nations.

      Deborah

      Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
      Anthropology and Sociology
      Anoka-Ramsey Community College
      Coon Rapids Campus
      email: deborah.shepherd@...
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/shepherd/
      new phone number: 763-433-1195

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 20, 2006
        Bill, the story that I was told is that 'Dubya' got his only A in college from Margaret Mead who was replacing a friend at Yale on Sabbatical. She announced that she did not believe in grading her students so that everyone in the class received an A.