Re: [SACC-L] archaeology text

  • Lori Barkley
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
      Bob,
      Good work! I'm with Pamela, how else would I know? It is also good timing as I'm musing about an arky course next summer, so will definitely want to take a look & support my Canadian colleagues!
      Hope all is well with you & yours.
      Lori

      >>> bmuckle@... 08/24/06 5:20 pm >>>
      Yet another shameless plug....My 'Introducing Archaeology' text,
      complete with photos by SACC member Barry Kass and back cover blurbs by
      SACC members Rob Edwards, Pat Hamlen, and Linda France Stine is now in
      the publishers warehouse.

      If you teach an intro to archaeology course and want an examination
      copy, email Robert O'Reilly at Broadview Press.
      roreilly@.... Fax: 705.743.8353 or Telephone
      705.743.8990.

      It will also be available for viewing at the AAA meetings in San Jose
      (Broadview doesn't have its own booth this year, but will be represented
      under the banner of 'The Association of Canadian Publishers').

      Oh yeah,...if you don't teach archaeology but know someone who does,
      please pass this information on.

      Thanks for putting up with the plug. Please don't ban me from the list.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Bob Muckle
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014

        If anybody who  teaches archaeology wants to take a look at the new edition of my ‘Introducing Archaeology’ text, let me know your mailing address and email and I will have the publisher send you a copy.

        http://www.utppublishing.com/Introducing-Archaeology-Second-Edition.html

        It’s  a good book. I think.   And very reasonably priced (about $50).   It isn’t in color, but few archaeology texts are.

        Bob

      • Beverly Bennett
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
          Yes, please.  I would appreciate that.  I've created  new introductory course in archaeology here at Wright College and based it on your text and reader.  It's still in the course approval process, but should go through in time for next spring.  So a good time for me to be encountering the new edition.

          I'm
          Beverly Bennett
          Social Science Dept.
          Wright College
          4300 N. Narragansett Avenue
          Chicago IL 60634

          Thank you!  And thanks for creating these texts; this was clearly the best choice for me and my students.

          Beverly
          If anybody who  teaches archaeology wants to take a look at the new edition of my ‘Introducing Archaeology’ text, let me know your mailing address and email and I will have the publisher send you a copy.

          It’s  a good book. I think.   And very reasonably priced (about $50).   It isn’t in color, but few archaeology texts are.

          Bob

        • Sullivan, Tim
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
            Hi Bob.
            Yes, I would like to see the newest version. And, although I have not done so on LinkedIn, here are my congrats on your anniversary with Capilano U!
            Tim
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
              I recommend Bob's text to anyone teaching an Intro class.  I've used it to organize some lectures in my Archaeology section of Intro to General Anth.
              And while, yes, I would like a copy, I am still in a holding pattern trying to get the intro class offered at my school.
              I have a copy of the previous edition, and until there is some movement, that will do me.
              Mike Pavlik

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
                Good Luck Beverly!