archaeology text

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 24, 2006
      Yet another shameless plug....My 'Introducing Archaeology' text,
      complete with photos by SACC member Barry Kass and back cover blurbs by
      SACC members Rob Edwards, Pat Hamlen, and Linda France Stine is now in
      the publishers warehouse.

      If you teach an intro to archaeology course and want an examination
      copy, email Robert O'Reilly at Broadview Press.
      roreilly@.... Fax: 705.743.8353 or Telephone
      705.743.8990.

      It will also be available for viewing at the AAA meetings in San Jose
      (Broadview doesn't have its own booth this year, but will be represented
      under the banner of 'The Association of Canadian Publishers').

      Oh yeah,...if you don't teach archaeology but know someone who does,
      please pass this information on.

      Thanks for putting up with the plug. Please don't ban me from the list.

      Bob
    • Pamela Ford
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 25, 2006
        How else would we know if you didn't tell us? Congratulations on having it
        all completed! I'm ordering an exam copy today.

        Pamela Ford
        Chair, Department for World Studies
        Mt. San Jacinto College
        1499 N. State Street
        San Jacinto, CA 92583
        951.487-3725

        Yet another shameless plug....My 'Introducing Archaeology' text,
        complete with photos by SACC member Barry Kass and back cover blurbs by
        SACC members Rob Edwards, Pat Hamlen, and Linda France Stine is now in
        the publishers warehouse.

        If you teach an intro to archaeology course and want an examination
        copy, email Robert O'Reilly at Broadview Press.
        roreilly@.... Fax: 705.743.8353 or Telephone
        705.743.8990.

        It will also be available for viewing at the AAA meetings in San Jose
        (Broadview doesn't have its own booth this year, but will be represented
        under the banner of 'The Association of Canadian Publishers').

        Oh yeah,...if you don't teach archaeology but know someone who does,
        please pass this information on.

        Thanks for putting up with the plug. Please don't ban me from the list.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Lori Barkley
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
          Bob,
          Good work! I'm with Pamela, how else would I know? It is also good timing as I'm musing about an arky course next summer, so will definitely want to take a look & support my Canadian colleagues!
          Hope all is well with you & yours.
          Lori

          >>> bmuckle@... 08/24/06 5:20 pm >>>

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014

            If anybody who  teaches archaeology wants to take a look at the new edition of my ‘Introducing Archaeology’ text, let me know your mailing address and email and I will have the publisher send you a copy.

            http://www.utppublishing.com/Introducing-Archaeology-Second-Edition.html

            It’s  a good book. I think.   And very reasonably priced (about $50).   It isn’t in color, but few archaeology texts are.

            Bob

          • Beverly Bennett
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
              Yes, please.  I would appreciate that.  I've created  new introductory course in archaeology here at Wright College and based it on your text and reader.  It's still in the course approval process, but should go through in time for next spring.  So a good time for me to be encountering the new edition.

              I'm
              Beverly Bennett
              Social Science Dept.
              Wright College
              4300 N. Narragansett Avenue
              Chicago IL 60634

              Thank you!  And thanks for creating these texts; this was clearly the best choice for me and my students.

              Beverly
              If anybody who  teaches archaeology wants to take a look at the new edition of my ‘Introducing Archaeology’ text, let me know your mailing address and email and I will have the publisher send you a copy.

              It’s  a good book. I think.   And very reasonably priced (about $50).   It isn’t in color, but few archaeology texts are.

              Bob

            • Sullivan, Tim
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
                Hi Bob.
                Yes, I would like to see the newest version. And, although I have not done so on LinkedIn, here are my congrats on your anniversary with Capilano U!
                Tim
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
                  I recommend Bob's text to anyone teaching an Intro class.  I've used it to organize some lectures in my Archaeology section of Intro to General Anth.
                  And while, yes, I would like a copy, I am still in a holding pattern trying to get the intro class offered at my school.
                  I have a copy of the previous edition, and until there is some movement, that will do me.
                  Mike Pavlik

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2014
                    Good Luck Beverly!