Your chance to rule the world (or at least part of SACC)!

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 21 10:34 AM
      Anyone want to run for office?

      VP for Membership is open.

      Here are the line-ups as I know them. Please let me know if I have listed
      anything incorrectly or if anyone needs to run for office, etc.... This is
      not meant to look like a "banana republic" where all the decisions are made,
      but we seem to have some difficulty with getting people to run for offices.

      2006-07 President: Rob Edwards (Asilomar, CA meetings)
      President-Elect: Ann Kaupp
      Immediate Past President: Chuck Ellenbaum (can you run for
      this?)
      Secretary: Mary Kay Gilliand
      Treasurer (for life): Mel Johnson
      VP for Membership: open

      2007-08 President: Ann Kaupp (Wash, DC spring meetings)
      President Elect: open (Dennis Kellogg)
      Immediate Past President: Rob Edwards
      Secretary: Mary Kay Gilliand (we hope!)
      Treasurer (may he have a long life): Mel Johnson
      VP for Membership: (hope this is a continuation)

      2008-09 President:
      President Elect: George Rodgers' name was mentioned
      Immediate Past President: Ann Kaupp
      Secretary (for life?):
      Treasurer (if we still have a treasury in spite of AAA): Mel
      Johnson
      VP for Membership:
    • rls@linkline.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 21 4:39 PM
        I have no idea when my term is up, but Program Chair is an office that
        should be on the list too (if anyone else wants it!).

        --Becky

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 22 4:56 AM
          For the sake of clarification-- is there a description of the position, what it involves, and what it might mean in terms of things like participation at the annual meetings (SACC & AAA) etc.? This would be useful information to put out more prominently.

          Brian

          ________________________________

[...]

          NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown in the headers. The real sender of this message is: sentto-126016-3481-1156181728-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...

          If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would need to add sentto-126016-3481-1156181728-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@... to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see the Anti-Spam FAQ item: http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender
        • Melvin Johnson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 25 9:11 AM
            Although this does not directly relate to an instructor in anthropology but instead
            geography, it is something that I think is worth noting and following. It seems a
            geography teacher was put on administrative leave for putting up foreign flags in his
            classroom because is violates state law. The article can be retreived from the
            following web site.
            http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9726287/detail.html?subid=22100484&qs=1 It seems
            the flags in question were from China and Mexico. So much for teaching not only
            geographic literacy but also cultural awareness. Mel Johnson
          • Dianne Chidester
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 25 9:21 AM
              Here's an update!

              http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9731862/detail.html

              A teacher in Louisville, KY has been put on administrative leave for
              burning a flag in class to stimulate discussion of civil liberties and
              freedom of speech. I'm having problems getting the link, but I'm sure
              it's not hard to find.

              Although this does not directly relate to an instructor in anthropology
              but instead
              geography, it is something that I think is worth noting and following.
              It seems a
              geography teacher was put on administrative leave for putting up foreign
              flags in his
              classroom because is violates state law. The article can be retreived
              from the
              following web site.
              http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9726287/detail.html?subid=22100484&
              qs=1 It seems
              the flags in question were from China and Mexico. So much for teaching
              not only
              geographic literacy but also cultural awareness. Mel Johnson

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              The content of this electronic communication is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed and may contain sensitive, confidential or privileged information. The dissemination, retransmission or use of any information by any person other than the intended recipient or recipients is strictly prohibited. This item has been scanned for virus and malware infection and is free from known infections.
            • Melvin Johnson
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 26 9:17 AM
                Dear SACCers
                I have a question to ask because I am trying to get a few things taken care of before
                life becomes to hectic. I have a plaque that lists the receipients of the President's
                Awards. I am trying to update the list and have the following already on the plaque:
                1991--Richard Furlow, 1992--Charles Ellenbaum, 1996--Lloyd Miller, 1997--Philip Stein.
                I need to add the following: 2000--Anthongy Balzano, 2001--Mark Lewine, 2002--Mark
                Tromans and 2005--Melvin Johnson. Am I missing anyone? Thanks for you help, Mel
                Johnson
              • anthony balzano
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 28 10:22 AM
                  Mel,
                  It is correct as far as I can tell. [Just remove the "g" from Anthony * thanks]. See you in San Jose!
                  --Anthony

                  >>> majohns@... 08/26/2006 12:17 PM >>>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 28 2:02 PM
                    You are so picky Tony, but if you insist. See you in November. Mel

                    ------- End of Original Message -------