New to group

  • Daryl G. Frazetti
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2006
      Hi everyone.

      This looked interesting. I am a grad student in physical anthropology
      and also teach a variety of classes currently at Lake Tahoe Community
      College part time.

      I was looking for a way to join the society itself and just did not
      notice anything other than the Yahoo group. If there is anything else
      I need to do or should do, please let me know.

      Thanks and I am looking forward to being a part of the community.

      Daryl Frazetti
    • Melvin Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2006
        Greetings Daryl, okay there are two formal ways to become involved with
        SACC, both of which involve money, sorry about that. One is to be a
        member of AAA and also a student member of SACC at a student rate of $15
        per year. Or if you do not want to belong to AAA at this time, you may
        become a subscriber (the official term) to SACC NOTES/Teaching
        Anthropology for $15 (get two fabulous issues a year). If you do the
        later send the money to me at P.O. Box 194, Crete, Nebraska 68333 and
        make your check out to AAA/SACC, memo SACC NOTES subscription. Or you
        can spend no money on membership and just be involved through the
        listserve and also perhaps with the California consitutency, I am sure
        Phil Stein and company will contact you. Again welcome, and hopefully
        we will get to meet you at the AAA annual meeting in San Jose (where we
        will have two meetings plus two paper sessions) or at Asilomar for
        SACC's annual meeting in April 2007.

        Melvin Johnson, Treasurer

        Daryl G. Frazetti wrote:

        > Hi everyone.
        >
        > This looked interesting. I am a grad student in physical anthropology
        > and also teach a variety of classes currently at Lake Tahoe Community
        > College part time.
        >
        > I was looking for a way to join the society itself and just did not
        > notice anything other than the Yahoo group. If there is anything else
        > I need to do or should do, please let me know.
        >
        > Thanks and I am looking forward to being a part of the community.
        >
        > Daryl Frazetti

      • Philip Stein
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26, 2006
          Daryl,

          Welcome to the California community college system! And hopefully welcome to SACC. It's a great group.

          The California community college instructors get together every January on Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday weekend in San Luis Obispo. It's a terrific get together. Strangely enough, both the AAA and SACC meetings are in California this year. (Not quite as exotic as our SACC meeting last March in Merida, Yucatan.) So you have many opportunities to meet the gang.

          Let me know if I can help you in any way.

          Phil

          "Daryl G. Frazetti" <frazetti@...> wrote:
          Hi everyone.

          This looked interesting. I am a grad student in physical anthropology
          and also teach a variety of classes currently at Lake Tahoe Community
          College part time.

          I was looking for a way to join the society itself and just did not
          notice anything other than the Yahoo group. If there is anything else
          I need to do or should do, please let me know.

          Thanks and I am looking forward to being a part of the community.

          Daryl Frazetti

          Yahoo! Groups Links