Re: [SACC-L] Digest Number 1204

  • Linda France Stine LFSTINE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2006
      I have read Bob's manuscript and it is really good! If I was teaching an
      intro level course this fall I would use it in a heartbeat. LFS

      Dr. Linda France Stine, RPA
      Department of Anthropology
      (336)-256-1098 lfstine@...

      SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      07/22/2006 05:57 PM
      Please respond to
      "No Reply"<notify-dg-SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>

      SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      cc

      Subject
      [SACC-L] Digest Number 1204

      A news and discussion forum for members and friends of the Society for
      Anthropology in Community Colleges.
      Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)
      1a.
      shameless plugs From: Bob Muckle
      1b.
      Re: shameless plugs From: Philip Stein
      View All Topics | Create New Topic
      Messages
      1a.
      shameless plugs
      Posted by: "Bob Muckle" bmuckle@... canadianarchprof
      Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:03 pm (PST)
      I got a kick out of Barry's shameless plug about his
      imagesofanthropology.com web site. He really does have some good images,
      and since I am using two of his images in my own forthcoming book, it
      can serve as a seque into my own shameless plug.

      My own 'Introducing Archaeology' is going to the printers in late July
      and, my publisher assures me, will be available for classes beginning in
      early September.
      You can see the publisher's blurb at
      www.broadviewpress.com/bvbooks.asp?BookID=785. If that link doesn't work
      you can just go to Broadview's web site (www.broadviewpress.com) and
      follow the anthropogy links.
      The book runs about 250 pages in a 6" x 9" format, has about 40 photos,
      and a suggested list price of $39.95 (USD).

      For those interested in Native studies, I also have a second edition of
      'The First Nations of British Columbia: An Anthropological Survey' (UBC
      Press, distributed by U. of Washington in the U.S., I think)coming out
      this Fall.

      I would like to see this thread be filled with shameless plugs. Over to
      you Phil Stein, Becky Stein, Rebecca Cramer....

      Bob

      Back to top
      Messages in this topic (2)
      1b.
      Re: shameless plugs
      Posted by: "Philip Stein" stein2@...
      Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:15 pm (PST)
      To continue the thread of shameless plug:. Bruce and I are working on the
      10th edition of Physical Anthropology. It's like the pink rabbit--it keeps
      going and going. It will out for Fall 2007. And Becky and I are working on
      the second edition of Anthropology of Religion, Magic, and Witchcraft,
      which will also be out in Fall. (I dare anyone to ask me what I'm doing in
      my spare time.)

      It looks like SACC is a very active group!!!

      Phil

      Bob Muckle <bmuckle@...> wrote:
[...]

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Back to top
      Messages in this topic (2)
      New Message Search
      Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved
      message search.

      Share feedback on the new changes to Groups
      Recent Activity
      1
      New Members
      Visit Your Group
      College and university search
      School education
      Colleges and universities
      College and university search engine
      Colleges and universities in
      College and university information
      Need to Reply?
      Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the
      Daily Digest.
      You are receiving a Daily Digest Change Delivery Settings