SACC Financial Report

  • Melvin Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2006
      Just thought you guys would like to know the following:
      1. We are slightly ahead of the game for the fiscal year. Revenues so
      far are $16, 605.27 and Expenses are $16, 319.65, so we have an increase
      of $285.62. The annual meeting a profit of approximately $1,100. The
      biggest deviation in expenses comes from the AAA annual meeting this
      fall. We pay for the participants and some officers registration fees,
      they totaled $3, 280 which is $1200 more than I estimated. I have to
      confirm with Suzanne what the registration costs are and how many we are
      paying for as this seems a little high, I will also have to more
      accurately budget for next year as we have adjusted the number of people
      who are eligble for registration at SACC's expense. The AAA is not
      always able to give us an accurate amount for the registration costs at
      budget time.
      2. The budget process is being held up by AnthroSource. I have been
      checking with Suzanne as we were suppose to get the information during
      May. In her last transmittal she indicated that the treasurers would be
      receiving information early in July, so I you have any comments about
      the budget for next year let me know at majohns@... or
      majohns1@.... With that I need to let you know that we have
      started to get some monetary reward from AnthroSource--still nothing
      like what they projected by some dollars are coming our way--May 31st we
      had earned $104 from digital subscriptions and $92 from digital sales
      and $100 from permission fees.
      3. Our membership is going down, this needs to be reversed--in June of
      2005 we had 272 members, June 2005--267 members, May of 2006--258
      members. The number of subscribers to SACC NOTES has increased within
      the year from 0 to 10--probably from the annual meeting. Category
      numbers are (May 2005 to May 2006) Regular 212 -- 206, Student 51 -- 46,
      Associate 4 -- 3, and Sustaining 1-- 3. The changes are small in each
      category but I think it advisable to realize that SACC membership needs
      to be stablized or increased if we are to remain a strong organization
      within the AAA. There is trememdous pressure to increase our membership
      fees--this we have resisted, but the membership dues for AAA are
      increasing next year, but the future holds that we will have a graduated
      AAA membership fee based on income, this may help us or hinder us.
      These things need to be addressed at our next annual meeting.

      Melvin Johnson, SACC Treasurer
    • Melvin Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
        Dear friends of SACC--I am having trouble getting a hold of Mark Tromans in Florida.
        Does anyone have a recent email address? If so, email me directly at
        majohns@... or majohns1@.... Thanks in advance for all that you do to
        make SACC such an interesting and desireable organization to which to belong. Mel
        Johnson, Treasurer
      • anthony balzano
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2006
          try
          mtromans@...

          >>> majohns@... 07/06/2006 02:16 PM >>>
          Dear friends of SACC--I am having trouble getting a hold of Mark Tromans in Florida.
          Does anyone have a recent email address? If so, email me directly at
          majohns@... or majohns1@.... Thanks in advance for all that you do to
          make SACC such an interesting and desireable organization to which to belong. Mel
          Johnson, Treasurer

          Yahoo! Groups Links