Fw: AECPANEL06ABSTRACT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2006
      I want to share a discussion thread that I have had since our 2006 SACC meeting with all of you SACC-ers and other interested parties. It seems that the AAA/Ford Foundation Race Project is going ahead with the most extensive national effort for public educational outreach from anthropologists and anthropology in memory. Beginning in 2007, there will be a museum based educational display on race and racism travelling across the country to major cities. See the AAA website for details, but basically there will be a very large exhibit for our largest cities, and a significant but smaller exhibit for 15 other cities. The principals running this for AAA are Yolande Moses and Peggy Overby of AAA and they are interested in community college participation, though still a bit hazy on plan details for implementation. At this time, I am asking each of you:
      Consider what your best andmost effective teaching materials are on race, and send them to me by email or mail for inclusion on the Race Project web site and for the data base for the Anthropology Education Committee, for which I am your representative. My addresses are: mark.lewine@... Mark Lewine 2900 Community College Ave. Cleve. OH 44115. Ann Kaupp, Leonard Lieberman, and Cynthia Ninnavaggi I know have outstanding materials, and we need more from the rest of you. In the future I will share updates on how you