Re: [SACC-L] SACC Information question

  • Renee Garcia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
      I agree, it is difficult to find out what is going on unless we read
      the threads coming through, however, with the recent overload of "junk
      mail" I'll be honest, I've been more inclined to delete.

      Renee

      Renee Garcia
      Department of Anthropology
      Saddleback College

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2006
        Brian,

        Actually, some progress has been made. At the Merida meetings, Chuck
        appointed a Website Task Force with Ann Kaupp as Chair. She's away
        for the week so I'm responding briefly in order not to keep you
        hanging, since your questions are good ones and no doubt shared by
        others on the listserv.

        Our task is to create from scratch and operate an entirely new SACC
        website. Ann Popplestone will continue to run the listserv. Deborah
        Shepherd from MN will set up the site initially and Rob Edwards has a
        student whom we could employ to maintain it on a continuing basis.
        It would be accessible both through a link with the AAA website and
        as a free-standing site. The Task Force has been meeting via e-mail
        since the conference, and among other things discussed various
        formats and content. When things are further along, Ann will solicit
        ideas and contributions from the listserv as well.

        SACC's 2007 meetings will be at Asilomar, a state park and resort in
        Monterey, CA, April 4-8. Pres-elect Rob Edwards is the coordinator
        and should have the latest information, redwards@....

        Lloyd

        On Jun 19, 2006, at 8:47 AM, bdlqvcc wrote:

        > I missed the spring conference this year, but did attend in '05, and
        > recall that we talked at some length about various strategies to
        > keep SACC present to current and potential members; this Yahoogroups
        > discussion list is one way this can happen. At the same time, as I
        > searched around for further information about SACC happenings for
        > the coming year etc. (including the link from the AAA website) I
        > found little that told me we were alive and well. (SACC notes is,
        > on the other hand, a reminder that "where there is life, there is
        > hope"!)
        >

        > One immediate question and one broader question (for my own
        > information but also for the broader group):
        >
        > Any preliminary plans for the location of our 2007 meeting? (To find
        > this out early would help planning for travel etc. under generally
        > tight budgets.)
        >
        > Any activity around breathing life into things like regional
        > meetings, rejuvinating an accurate database of departments by
        > region, producing a timely, informative, and regularly updated
        > website?
        >
        > Brian Donohue-Lynch

        > ~-->
        > Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/rSQhKB/lOaOAA/HwKMAA/1MXolB/TM

      • Lynch, Brian M
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
          Lloyd,

          Thanks for all the details. This is all good to hear. I will be happy to join in the process where I can contribute my ideas and talents.

          Brian

          and should have the latest information, redwards@... <mailto:redwards%40cabrillo.edu> .

          NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown in the headers. The real sender of this message is: sentto-126016-3440-1150925901-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...

          If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would need to add sentto-126016-3440-1150925901-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@... to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see the Anti-Spam FAQ item: http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender