SACC Information question

  • bdlqvcc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
      I missed the spring conference this year, but did attend in '05, and
      recall that we talked at some length about various strategies to
      keep SACC present to current and potential members; this Yahoogroups
      discussion list is one way this can happen. At the same time, as I
      searched around for further information about SACC happenings for
      the coming year etc. (including the link from the AAA website) I
      found little that told me we were alive and well. (SACC notes is,
      on the other hand, a reminder that "where there is life, there is
      hope"!)

      One immediate question and one broader question (for my own
      information but also for the broader group):

      Any preliminary plans for the location of our 2007 meeting? (To find
      this out early would help planning for travel etc. under generally
      tight budgets.)

      Any activity around breathing life into things like regional
      meetings, rejuvinating an accurate database of departments by
      region, producing a timely, informative, and regularly updated
      website?

      Brian Donohue-Lynch
    • Renee Garcia
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
        I agree, it is difficult to find out what is going on unless we read
        the threads coming through, however, with the recent overload of "junk
        mail" I'll be honest, I've been more inclined to delete.

        Renee

        Renee Garcia
        Department of Anthropology
        Saddleback College

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 21, 2006
          Brian,

          Actually, some progress has been made. At the Merida meetings, Chuck
          appointed a Website Task Force with Ann Kaupp as Chair. She's away
          for the week so I'm responding briefly in order not to keep you
          hanging, since your questions are good ones and no doubt shared by
          others on the listserv.

          Our task is to create from scratch and operate an entirely new SACC
          website. Ann Popplestone will continue to run the listserv. Deborah
          Shepherd from MN will set up the site initially and Rob Edwards has a
          student whom we could employ to maintain it on a continuing basis.
          It would be accessible both through a link with the AAA website and
          as a free-standing site. The Task Force has been meeting via e-mail
          since the conference, and among other things discussed various
          formats and content. When things are further along, Ann will solicit
          ideas and contributions from the listserv as well.

          SACC's 2007 meetings will be at Asilomar, a state park and resort in
          Monterey, CA, April 4-8. Pres-elect Rob Edwards is the coordinator
          and should have the latest information, redwards@....

          Lloyd

          On Jun 19, 2006, at 8:47 AM, bdlqvcc wrote:

          > I missed the spring conference this year, but did attend in '05, and
          > recall that we talked at some length about various strategies to
          > keep SACC present to current and potential members; this Yahoogroups
          > discussion list is one way this can happen. At the same time, as I
          > searched around for further information about SACC happenings for
          > the coming year etc. (including the link from the AAA website) I
          > found little that told me we were alive and well. (SACC notes is,
          > on the other hand, a reminder that "where there is life, there is
          > hope"!)
          >

          > One immediate question and one broader question (for my own
          > information but also for the broader group):
          >
          > Any preliminary plans for the location of our 2007 meeting? (To find
          > this out early would help planning for travel etc. under generally
          > tight budgets.)
          >
          > Any activity around breathing life into things like regional
          > meetings, rejuvinating an accurate database of departments by
          > region, producing a timely, informative, and regularly updated
          > website?
          >
          > Brian Donohue-Lynch

          > ~-->
          > Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design.
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/rSQhKB/lOaOAA/HwKMAA/1MXolB/TM

        • Lynch, Brian M
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
            Lloyd,

            Thanks for all the details. This is all good to hear. I will be happy to join in the process where I can contribute my ideas and talents.

            Brian

            and should have the latest information, redwards@... <mailto:redwards%40cabrillo.edu> .

            NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown in the headers. The real sender of this message is: sentto-126016-3440-1150925901-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...

            If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would need to add sentto-126016-3440-1150925901-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@... to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see the Anti-Spam FAQ item: http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender