RE: [SACC-L] Digest Number 1183

  • Wenzel, Jason
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi Linda,

      Yes, I do work with Dot as well as Dr. Grange. There seems to be quite a few interesting and special sites up in the New Smyrna/Edgewater area.

      Jason

      ________________________________

      From: "bdlqvcc" bdonohue-lynch@...
      2. Re: Anyone from the east coast?
      From: "Wenzel, Jason" wenzelj@...
      3. Find the Online degrees you want from the accredited colleges and
      un
      From: "Andy" delgatocarlos@...

      Message 1
      From: "bdlqvcc" bdonohue-lynch@...
      Date: Fri May 26, 2006 6:05am(PDT)
      Subject: Re: Anyone from the east coast?

      Hey Mattie! We're nearly neighbors! I'm from Rhode
      Island/Connecticut region! (It's all relative, I guess.)

      Seriously, there are at least a few of us (anthros in CC systems)
      here in "the east"; there have been conversations around
      stimulating the activities of regional groups, and there is much
      potential, at least in the places I am aware of, for example in New
      England and New York.

      As for the Spam vs. legitimate discussion online here, I tend to
      think that this is a fairly quiet time of the semester for online
      discussions-- the annual SACC meeting is now recenlty past, next
      year's is not yet in hot discussion, and many are preoccupied with
      the work of wrapping up the academic year etc. (Just my
      observations about the cycles in our online exchanges at times).

      Anyway, it is good hearing from you. What is your specialization,
      or your interests in anthro.?

      Brian Donohue-Lynch
      Anthropology/Sociology
      Quinebaug Valley Community College
      Danielson, CT 06239

      Part of the 12 college Connecticut Community College System

      --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, Mattie Rasberry
      <mattierasberry0226@...> wrote:

      > Hi!,
      > I am an anthro grad student (planning to teach @ Comm. college)
      at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC. Are there any other
      members out there on the east coast? I was beginning to think I
      subscribed to a spam site last month--it's nice to see that there
      are actually anthro members!

      Message 2
      From: "Wenzel, Jason" wenzelj@...
      Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:15am(PDT)

      Hi Brian,

      I'm from the East Coast too. Well, Southeast to be more specific. I work
      as a full-time instructor at Valencia Community College in Orlando,
      Florida and as a part-time adjunct (online) for Brevard Community College
      (Cocoa/Melbourne/Palm Bay/Titusville area).

      I notice in your signature that you also teach sociology. Same here. It
      is actually the primary area I teach in (as well as education). Out of
      the two colleges I work for, I only teach one anthropology class (online)
      for Valencia out of a combined load of 9 sections. I would really like to
      teach more anthropology classes but for some reason the colleges do not
      seem to want to offer any more sections (they are mostly taught by
      adjuncts). On the contrary, alot of students express a sincere interest
      in the discipline (and thus courses) and our major state university (UCF)
      that my cc's feed into have more anthropology than sociogy majors. I
      still enjoy teaching sociology, however, and I really like being a
      "multidisciplinary" or "hybrid" -as some call it, instructor.

      My research and work outside of the classroom, however, is primarily in
      archaeology. I am currently working a historic home site in Titusville
      (1891-2005 occupation) as well as a British & Minorcan colonial period
      settlement in New Smyrna Beach (late 18th century). I have also worked a
      Mayan site in Belize (Caracol), a forensic case (an assasination of two
      prominent civil rights leaders in 1951) and an Archaic Southeastern
      Indian/Historic "Cracker" site in Meritt Island in the past year and a
      half.

      Well, that's a little about me ;).

      Jason

      <mattierasberry0226@...> wrote:

      > Hi!,
      > I am an anthro grad student (planning to teach @ Comm. college)
      at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC. Are there any other
      members out there on the east coast? I was beginning to think I
      subscribed to a spam site last month--it's nice to see that there
      are actually anthro members!

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message 3
      From: "Andy" delgatocarlos@...
      Date: Fri May 26, 2006 2:48pm(PDT)
      Subject: Find the Online degrees you want from the accredited colleges and
      un

      Hi there,
      It is sometimes difficult to make a decision about online degrees you
      want, and which fits with your requirements such as your pocket as well as
      with your busy time.

      The easiest way to choose a degree is to search and find an accredited
      college or university, which offers your desired degree. And communicate
      with them by sending them information request before making a decision. It
      takes just couple of minutes of your time but you would normally receive
      all the information you need.

      In this regard online colleges and Universities reply rather quickly and
      send additional information, the best thing is there is no obligation from
      your part.

      Regards
      Search for degrees, bachelors, masters, PhDs, certification and continuing
      education on

      http://www.edegreesearch.com/?aff=128

      Yahoo! Groups Links