FW: [onelist_moderators] Special Announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: admin@onelist.com <mailto:admin@onelist.com>
      [SMTP:admin@onelist.com] <mailto:[SMTP:admin@onelist.com]>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 4:40 PM
      To: onelist_moderators@onelist.com
      <mailto:onelist_moderators@onelist.com>
      Subject: [onelist_moderators] Special Announcement
      From: admin@onelist.com <mailto:admin@onelist.com>

      Dear Moderators,

      We are excited to announce that ONElist and eGroups have agreed to merge.
      Together, the new company - which will be called eGroups, Inc.
      * will bring members and moderators the best community services site
      on the Internet! By joining forces, we will be able to provide you with
      richer functionality and to develop it more quickly - giving you even more
      tools to build and maintain your communities.

      There will be no changes to either service for the near-term. You should
      continue to use the ONElist web site as usual and to send all community
      emails to <listname>@onelist.com. Your communities, your members, your
      profile information, etc. will not be affected.
      Long-term, we will integrate the best features of each into a unified
      service. We will keep you well informed of anything that may impact you or
      your communities. We will always provide you with sufficient advance notice
      so that you can continue to administer your communities with minimal
      interruption.
      We take pride in providing our members with a great service. Our objective
      as we move forward is to continue bringing you the highest quality, most
      reliable, easiest to use, and most valuable service possible.

      Q. Why are ONElist and eGroups merging?
      A. The two companies are combining resources and talent in order to provide
      users with better functionality faster. By putting together our member
      bases and community directories, we will be the single largest service for
      internet users who want to participate in and create email communities. We
      will focus our combined efforts on continuing to build the best service for
      our members.

      Q. What happens to my communities?
      A. Nothing will change for your communities in the near-term. You should
      continue to use the ONElist site as usual and to send all community emails
      to <listname>@onelist.com. Over time, we will move eGroups and ONElist
      communities into a common directory. We will be in frequent communication
      to keep you aware of these changes and to make the transition as easy and
      effortless as possible.

      Q. What happens to my members?
      A. Nothing will change for your members in the near-term. They should
      continue to use the ONElist site as usual and to send all community emails
      to <listname>@onelist.com. Over time, we will move eGroups and ONElist
      members into a joint service, but we will communicate that to them well in
      advance and are committed to making that transition as simple and smooth as
      possible.

      Q. What if I transferred a list to ONElist under the "Big List Bonanza"
      program? Will I still get paid?
      A. If you transferred a group to ONElist under the "Big List Bonanza"
      program, you will be paid ninety days after the transfer, according to the
      rules set forth in the program. You will be paid even if you transferred
      your group from eGroups.

      All of us at ONElist are committed to helping you create, manage, and
      participate in the best email communities on the Internet. For more
      information about this merger, please read our press release at:
      www.onelist.com/info/press/press_11091999.html
      <http://www.onelist.com/info/press/press_11091999.html>
      If you have any special questions or concerns, please feel free to contact
      admin@onelist.com <mailto:admin@onelist.com> , as usual.

      Thanks,

      ONElist Team