more local and regular meetings in Southern California

  • bud19dha52
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2006
      new California VP Diane Levine and myself think it would be great to
      have more local and regular meetings in the Southern California area
      besides the annual California anthro conference in San Luis Obispo
      which many SACC members, especially adjunct faculty, cannot attend
      either because of financial hardship or conflicting work schedules.
      We're talking about face-to-face contact under more intimate and casual
      circumstances to share ideas and other info and otherwise
      network/socialize and have a few cold ones together.

      We want to start this in June somewhere in the Orange/LA county area at
      least every other month at either a private residence or a restaurant.

      This idea was generated by myself--an adjunct faculty member--after
      having endured over nine years of hermit-like existence at my college
      where there is such a paucity of contact among faculty members.

      Please send your thoughts/comments to both myself, Kent Morris, and
      Diane (levinedp@...)
      Thanks!!!
    • Monica Bellas
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2006
        Sounds great to me. I'm at Cerritos College in Norwalk but live in
        Murrieta/Temecula, so someplace further south of Cerritos would be
        great...although I wouldn't mind visiting my ol' stomping grounds in the San
        Fernando Valley.
        Monica Bellas

        "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
        body,
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...
        "HOLY SHIT...WHAT A RIDE!"