Re: [SACC-L] Re: regrets

  • Rebecca Cramer
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2006
      Hi Fellow SACCers,
      I'm sorry to relay that I won't be able to join you all in Merida. Just got moved into my new digs in Tucson, and things are still topsy turvy. In addition, there's movie business that won't wait, campus business at U. of A., and on and on.
      I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing all the news. Promise next year will be a definite go.
      In the meantime, I'd love to get reports on the meetings and on anything else. People can write me at this new e mail address: missiontosonora@...
      All the best till we meet again,
      Beca

      Bob Muckle <bmuckle@...> wrote:
      I think quarterly or even twice a year is appropriate. The AAA is saying
      that they will give 12 free requests a year for mailing lists, labels,
      or broadcast emails. We will need to retain some of the remainder for
      mailings of 'Teaching Anthropology,; meeting announcements, etc.

      Bob

      >>> Chuck Ellenbaum <ellenbaumbridge@...> 2/15/2006 10:04:31 AM

      SACC Friends & Colleagues

      Given this sending of membership lists is now free, I think it would be
      helpful for us to get one, on at least quarterly basis. This would
      facilitate the setting up of regional meetings and lessen the isolation
      of members when they can contact other SACC members in their region.

      What do you think? Quarterly or monthly or ???

      If I get a deafening silence, I will have them sent out on a regular
      basis.

      Chuck ><>
      Charles O. Ellenbaum
      President, SACC
      707 Shady Avenue
      Geneva, IL 60134 USA
      Cell: 630-404-1261
      Home: 630-262-1281
      >ellenbaumbridge@...<
      De Colores and Ultreya

      "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are
      wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

      "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger
      heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville

      From: Kim Baker <kbaker@...>
      Date: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:35:16 AM CST
      Subject: Revised Broadcast Email Policy

      Dear Section Leaders:
      Over the last five years, we have closely monitored the volume of
      requests for section membership lists. Under current policy, each
      section can request a list or a broadcast e-mail to their membership
      twice a year. After the first two free uses, AAA charges $25 for each
      subsequent list. This policy was imposed due to a number of factors, one
      of which was the amount of time it took to service such requests.
      However, we have re-evaluated the volume and we have decided to update
      that policy. Starting immediately, we will provide, on request of a
      Section President or Treasurer, a list once a month. We can either send
      the list via e-mail attachment to the requesting party - or - we will do
      a broadcast e-mail to the Section, in accordance with the policy
      attached below. Please see this attachment for details.
      Also, please consider rationing your requests for broadcast e-mail
      since over-use of this tool might be mistaken for Spam by the
      recipients.
      If you have any questions on this policy please don't hesitate to
      contact me.
      Thanks,
      Richard Thomas
      Membership Services Manager
      American Anthropological Association
      2200 Wilson Blvd Ste 600
      Arlington, VA 22201-3357

      <<PP Brodcast 2 E-mail.doc>>

      College and university search School education Colleges and universities College and university search engine Colleges and universities in College and university information