RE: [SACC-L] Fwd: Revised Broadcast Email Policy By AAA

  • Dianne Chidester
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006
      Bob has asked that we open up the nomination to others because of other commitments.

      Sorry. I should've made this clear.

      Thanks!
      Dianne

      Dianne Lynn Chidester
      Anthropology & Sociology
      Greenville Technical College
      506 S. Pleasantburg Dr.
      Greenville, SC 29607

      864-250-8729 (office)

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2006
        Hi Fellow SACCers,
        I'm sorry to relay that I won't be able to join you all in Merida. Just got moved into my new digs in Tucson, and things are still topsy turvy. In addition, there's movie business that won't wait, campus business at U. of A., and on and on.
        I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing all the news. Promise next year will be a definite go.
        In the meantime, I'd love to get reports on the meetings and on anything else. People can write me at this new e mail address: missiontosonora@...
        All the best till we meet again,
        Beca

        Bob Muckle <bmuckle@...> wrote:
        I think quarterly or even twice a year is appropriate. The AAA is saying
        that they will give 12 free requests a year for mailing lists, labels,
        or broadcast emails. We will need to retain some of the remainder for
        mailings of 'Teaching Anthropology,; meeting announcements, etc.

        Bob

        >>> Chuck Ellenbaum <ellenbaumbridge@...> 2/15/2006 10:04:31 AM

        SACC Friends & Colleagues

        Given this sending of membership lists is now free, I think it would be
        helpful for us to get one, on at least quarterly basis. This would
        facilitate the setting up of regional meetings and lessen the isolation
        of members when they can contact other SACC members in their region.

        What do you think? Quarterly or monthly or ???

        If I get a deafening silence, I will have them sent out on a regular
        basis.

        Chuck ><>
        Charles O. Ellenbaum
        President, SACC
        707 Shady Avenue
        Geneva, IL 60134 USA
        Cell: 630-404-1261
        Home: 630-262-1281
        >ellenbaumbridge@...<
        De Colores and Ultreya

        "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are
        wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

        "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger
        heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville

        From: Kim Baker <kbaker@...>
        Date: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:35:16 AM CST
        Subject: Revised Broadcast Email Policy

        Dear Section Leaders:
        Over the last five years, we have closely monitored the volume of
        requests for section membership lists. Under current policy, each
        section can request a list or a broadcast e-mail to their membership
        twice a year. After the first two free uses, AAA charges $25 for each
        subsequent list. This policy was imposed due to a number of factors, one
        of which was the amount of time it took to service such requests.
        However, we have re-evaluated the volume and we have decided to update
        that policy. Starting immediately, we will provide, on request of a
        Section President or Treasurer, a list once a month. We can either send
        the list via e-mail attachment to the requesting party - or - we will do
        a broadcast e-mail to the Section, in accordance with the policy
        attached below. Please see this attachment for details.
        Also, please consider rationing your requests for broadcast e-mail
        since over-use of this tool might be mistaken for Spam by the
        recipients.
        If you have any questions on this policy please don't hesitate to
        contact me.
        Thanks,
        Richard Thomas
        Membership Services Manager
        American Anthropological Association
        2200 Wilson Blvd Ste 600
        Arlington, VA 22201-3357

        <<PP Brodcast 2 E-mail.doc>>

        College and university search School education Colleges and universities College and university search engine Colleges and universities in College and university information