RE: [SACC-L] Fwd: Revised Broadcast Email Policy By AAA

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15 12:07 PM
      I did nominate Bob Muckle.

      ________________________________

      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Dianne Chidester
      Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:48 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com; Benjamin Abe; Anthony Balzano; Bill Bryne;
      Dianne Chidester; Cynthia Clarke; Rebecca Cramer; Gary Cummisk; Dorothy
      Davis; Brian Donohue-Lynch; Rob Edwards; Pamela Ford; Mary Gilliland;
      Laura Gonzalez; Patricia Hamlen; Carol Hayman; Leatha Johnson; Mel
      Johnson; Ellen C. K. Johnson; Barry Kass; Ann Kaupp; Dennis L. Kellogg;
      Mark Lewine; Lewine, Mark; Linda Light; John Matthews; Lloyd Miller;
      Robert Muckle; Barbara Mueller; Philip Naftaly; Cynthia Ninivaggi;
      Popplestone, Ann; Mary Pulford; Jo Raine Rodgera; David Schutzer; David
      Schutzer; Deborah Shepherd; Rebecca L. Stein; Phil Stein; Linda France
      Stine; Mark Tromans; Jason Wenzel; Diane Wilhelm; Leanna Wolfe; Sandra
      Wood; Walt Wood; SACC-L
      Subject: RE: [SACC-L] Fwd: Revised Broadcast Email Policy By AAA

      Just a reminder, we are also looking for someone to be VP for
      Membership.

      Any nominations or volunteers?

      Cheers!
      Dianne

      Dianne Lynn Chidester
      Anthropology & Sociology
      Greenville Technical College
      506 S. Pleasantburg Dr.
      Greenville, SC 29607

      864-250-8729 (office)

      The content of this electronic communication is intended only for the
      person or persons to whom it is addressed and may contain sensitive,
      confidential or privileged information. The dissemination,
      retransmission or use of any information by any person other than the
      intended recipient or recipients is strictly prohibited. This item has
      been scanned for virus and malware infection and is free from known
      infections.

      College and university search
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=College+and+university+search&w1=Co
      llege+and+university+search&w2=School+education&w3=Colleges+and+universi
      ties&w4=College+and+university+search+engine&w5=Colleges+and+universitie
      s+in&w6=College+and+university+information&c=6&s=204&.sig=irnzBhIEHB-uoF
      IKT9Am2A> School education
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=School+education&w1=College+and+uni
      versity+search&w2=School+education&w3=Colleges+and+universities&w4=Colle
      ge+and+university+search+engine&w5=Colleges+and+universities+in&w6=Colle
      ge+and+university+information&c=6&s=204&.sig=QoaCHDZIkhT-qEgpDvM8rg>
      Colleges and universities
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Colleges+and+universities&w1=Colleg
      e+and+university+search&w2=School+education&w3=Colleges+and+universities
      &w4=College+and+university+search+engine&w5=Colleges+and+universities+in
      &w6=College+and+university+information&c=6&s=204&.sig=pPek7U-YAkLG_xfc9z
      zxxg>
      College and university search engine
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=College+and+university+search+engin
      e&w1=College+and+university+search&w2=School+education&w3=Colleges+and+u
      niversities&w4=College+and+university+search+engine&w5=Colleges+and+univ
      ersities+in&w6=College+and+university+information&c=6&s=204&.sig=2-nSAn7
      B3evWDzT9HseHdg> Colleges and universities in
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Colleges+and+universities+in&w1=Col
      lege+and+university+search&w2=School+education&w3=Colleges+and+universit
      ies&w4=College+and+university+search+engine&w5=Colleges+and+universities
      +in&w6=College+and+university+information&c=6&s=204&.sig=3yi9YrXPTWOCZfO
      bbik9Sw> College and university information
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=College+and+university+information&
      w1=College+and+university+search&w2=School+education&w3=Colleges+and+uni
      versities&w4=College+and+university+search+engine&w5=Colleges+and+univer
      sities+in&w6=College+and+university+information&c=6&s=204&.sig=5c-j-1r3a
      -cPqeSYgGK2WQ>

      " on the web.

    • Dianne Chidester
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15 12:09 PM
        Bob has asked that we open up the nomination to others because of other commitments.

        Sorry. I should've made this clear.

        Thanks!
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        The content of this electronic communication is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed and may contain sensitive, confidential or privileged information. The dissemination, retransmission or use of any information by any person other than the intended recipient or recipients is strictly prohibited. This item has been scanned for virus and malware infection and is free from known infections.

      • Rebecca Cramer
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18 9:56 AM
          Hi Fellow SACCers,
          I'm sorry to relay that I won't be able to join you all in Merida. Just got moved into my new digs in Tucson, and things are still topsy turvy. In addition, there's movie business that won't wait, campus business at U. of A., and on and on.
          I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing all the news. Promise next year will be a definite go.
          In the meantime, I'd love to get reports on the meetings and on anything else. People can write me at this new e mail address: missiontosonora@...
          All the best till we meet again,
          Beca

          Bob Muckle <bmuckle@...> wrote:
          I think quarterly or even twice a year is appropriate. The AAA is saying
          that they will give 12 free requests a year for mailing lists, labels,
          or broadcast emails. We will need to retain some of the remainder for
          mailings of 'Teaching Anthropology,; meeting announcements, etc.

          Bob

          >>> Chuck Ellenbaum <ellenbaumbridge@...> 2/15/2006 10:04:31 AM

          SACC Friends & Colleagues

          Given this sending of membership lists is now free, I think it would be
          helpful for us to get one, on at least quarterly basis. This would
          facilitate the setting up of regional meetings and lessen the isolation
          of members when they can contact other SACC members in their region.

          What do you think? Quarterly or monthly or ???

          If I get a deafening silence, I will have them sent out on a regular
          basis.

          Chuck ><>
          Charles O. Ellenbaum
          President, SACC
          707 Shady Avenue
          Geneva, IL 60134 USA
          Cell: 630-404-1261
          Home: 630-262-1281
          >ellenbaumbridge@...<
          De Colores and Ultreya

          "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are
          wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

          "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger
          heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville

          From: Kim Baker <kbaker@...>
          Date: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:35:16 AM CST
          Subject: Revised Broadcast Email Policy

          Dear Section Leaders:
          Over the last five years, we have closely monitored the volume of
          requests for section membership lists. Under current policy, each
          section can request a list or a broadcast e-mail to their membership
          twice a year. After the first two free uses, AAA charges $25 for each
          subsequent list. This policy was imposed due to a number of factors, one
          of which was the amount of time it took to service such requests.
          However, we have re-evaluated the volume and we have decided to update
          that policy. Starting immediately, we will provide, on request of a
          Section President or Treasurer, a list once a month. We can either send
          the list via e-mail attachment to the requesting party - or - we will do
          a broadcast e-mail to the Section, in accordance with the policy
          attached below. Please see this attachment for details.
          Also, please consider rationing your requests for broadcast e-mail
          since over-use of this tool might be mistaken for Spam by the
          recipients.
          If you have any questions on this policy please don't hesitate to
          contact me.
          Thanks,
          Richard Thomas
          Membership Services Manager
          American Anthropological Association
          2200 Wilson Blvd Ste 600
          Arlington, VA 22201-3357

          <<PP Brodcast 2 E-mail.doc>>

          College and university search School education Colleges and universities College and university search engine Colleges and universities in College and university information