Fwd: Revised Broadcast Email Policy By AAA

  • Chuck Ellenbaum
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006
      SACC Friends & Colleagues

      Given this sending of membership lists is now free, I think it would be helpful for us to get one, on at least quarterly basis. This would facilitate the setting up of regional meetings and lessen the isolation of members when they can contact other SACC members in their region.

      What do you think? Quarterly or monthly or ???

      If I get a deafening silence, I will have them sent out on a regular basis.

      Chuck ><>
      Charles O. Ellenbaum
      President, SACC
      707 Shady Avenue
      Geneva, IL 60134 USA
      Cell: 630-404-1261
      Home: 630-262-1281
      >ellenbaumbridge@...<
      De Colores and Ultreya

      "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

      "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville

      From: Kim Baker <kbaker@...>
      Date: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:35:16 AM CST
      Subject: Revised Broadcast Email Policy

      Dear Section Leaders:
      Over the last five years, we have closely monitored the volume of requests for section membership lists. Under current policy, each section can request a list or a broadcast e-mail to their membership twice a year. After the first two free uses, AAA charges $25 for each subsequent list. This policy was imposed due to a number of factors, one of which was the amount of time it took to service such requests.
      However, we have re-evaluated the volume and we have decided to update that policy. Starting immediately, we will provide, on request of a Section President or Treasurer, a list once a month. We can either send the list via e-mail attachment to the requesting party - or - we will do a broadcast e-mail to the Section, in accordance with the policy attached below. Please see this attachment for details.
      Also, please consider rationing your requests for broadcast e-mail since over-use of this tool might be mistaken for Spam by the recipients.
      If you have any questions on this policy please don't hesitate to contact me.
      Thanks,
      Richard Thomas
      Membership Services Manager
      American Anthropological Association
      2200 Wilson Blvd Ste 600
      Arlington, VA 22201-3357

      <<PP Brodcast 2 E-mail.doc>>

    • Dianne Chidester
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006
        I would think at least quarterly. We need to remember, too, that sacc-l and this list may not agree and that we may have SACC members who are not part of AAA. -- Dianne

        Dianne Lynn Chidester
        Anthropology & Sociology
        Greenville Technical College
        506 S. Pleasantburg Dr.
        Greenville, SC 29607

        864-250-8729 (office)

        ________________________________

        From: Kim Baker <kbaker@...>
        Date: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:35:16 AM CST

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        The content of this electronic communication is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed and may contain sensitive, confidential or privileged information. The dissemination, retransmission or use of any information by any person other than the intended recipient or recipients is strictly prohibited. This item has been scanned for virus and malware infection and is free from known infections.

      • Bob Muckle
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006
          I think quarterly or even twice a year is appropriate. The AAA is saying
          that they will give 12 free requests a year for mailing lists, labels,
          or broadcast emails. We will need to retain some of the remainder for
          mailings of 'Teaching Anthropology,; meeting announcements, etc.

          Bob

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006
              I did nominate Bob Muckle.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006
                Bob has asked that we open up the nomination to others because of other commitments.

                Sorry. I should've made this clear.

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 18, 2006
                  Hi Fellow SACCers,
                  I'm sorry to relay that I won't be able to join you all in Merida. Just got moved into my new digs in Tucson, and things are still topsy turvy. In addition, there's movie business that won't wait, campus business at U. of A., and on and on.
                  I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing all the news. Promise next year will be a definite go.
                  In the meantime, I'd love to get reports on the meetings and on anything else. People can write me at this new e mail address: missiontosonora@...
                  All the best till we meet again,
                  Beca

                  From: Kim Baker <kbaker@...>
                  Date: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:35:16 AM CST

[...]

                  College and university search School education Colleges and universities College and university search engine Colleges and universities in College and university information