Help for One of My Students frrom the SACC Community

  • Chuck Ellenbaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Colleagues

      I have a student in my Religions of the Middle East class who is very interested in linguistics and wishes to major in anthropology.

      I would appreciate your advice to her for a good school with a four field anthropology department that she could transfer to. Besides the anthropology major, what do recommend for a curriculum to strengthen and broaden a linguistics major? She is fluently bilingual in English and Spanish and has spent some time in Latin America.

      Please contact her directly with your advice and recommendations. She does not want to go to a department that has split the four fields into different departments. She is open to relocating anywhere in the U.S. Her sister is a senior (Anthropology major) at SUNY-Albany and is spending a year studying the Berber people.

      Wheaton College CPO 1802
      Wheaton, IL 60187

      E-mail: n_llorens@...

      I am interested in linguistics at the moment, but I'm really very interested in
      cultural (especially), biological and historical/archeological anthropology as
      well. Again, thank you so much for this opportunity. See you at lunch :).

      Nicole Llorens <<<<

      Thanks for your help.

      Chuck ><>
      Charles O. Ellenbaum
      President, SACC
      707 Shady Avenue
      Geneva, IL 60134 USA
      Cell: 630-404-1261
      Home: 630-262-1281
      >ellenbaumbridge@...<
      De Colores and Ultreya

      "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

      "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville