Re: [SACC-L] SACC Conference Chairs

  • Linda Light
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 27, 2006
      Becky,
      I'll volunteer to be session chair. Unlike Mark, I can take one first thing in the morning!
      Linda

      rls@... wrote:
      Hi, everyone. This is my annual plea for volunteers who are willing to
      be session chairs at the Merida conference. Your job as session chair
      is to introduce the speakers in your session and keep them running on
      time. I need about five or six people. If you are willing, let me
      know!

      I also could use a few more roundtable presenters (leading a lunch
      discussion), so let me know if you are interested in that too.

      If you submitted an abstract for the conference, you should have
      received acceptance information from me by now, so if you have not,
      please let me know ASAP.

      Everyone should send in their registration for the conference by
      February 1st.

      Thanks,

      Becky

      ---------------------------------

    • Dorothy Davis DDBRUNER
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
        I would be willing to chair a session. I would also like to see a luncheon
        round table about "Marketing Anthropology" to exchange ideas about how to
        get students interested in taking ATY classes.

        Dorothy Davis
        Anthropology Department
        UNCG
        Tel- 256-1099

        <rls@...>
        Sent by: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
        01/27/2006 02:00 PM
        Please respond to
        SACC-L@yahoogroups.com

        "SACC-L" <SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>
        cc

        Subject
        [SACC-L] SACC Conference Chairs

        Hi, everyone. This is my annual plea for volunteers who are willing to
        be session chairs at the Merida conference. Your job as session chair
        is to introduce the speakers in your session and keep them running on
        time. I need about five or six people. If you are willing, let me
        know!

        I also could use a few more roundtable presenters (leading a lunch
        discussion), so let me know if you are interested in that too.

        If you submitted an abstract for the conference, you should have
        received acceptance information from me by now, so if you have not,
        please let me know ASAP.

        Everyone should send in their registration for the conference by
        February 1st.

        Thanks,

        Becky

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Pulford,Mary H
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
          Hi Becky.

          I am not sure that I will be able to get to Merida this year........... I
          have a shoulder injury that might require some kind of surgery in March. As
          a result I have neither registered or can I volunteer. Best
          wishes............

          Mary

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
            Hello, all. I am in the process of putting together the paper sessions for
            the SACC Conference, so it is time for my annual appeal for session chairs.
            Your job would be to introduce each speaker in the session, keep them on
            time, and moderate the discussion. If you'd like to volunteer for this
            auspicious duty, let me know!

            Thanks,

            Becky

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
              I'm giving a paper in the online teaching session, but if you need a chair for another session, I'm available.
              Deborah

              Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
              Anthropology
              Anoka-Ramsey Community College
              Coon Rapids Campus
              deborah.shepherd@...
              http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/shepherd/
              http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc
              phone number: 763-433-1195

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                I am always available.

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                  Glad to help out if you can use me, Becky.
                  Beca

                  ==============
                  Rebecca Cramer
                  missiontosonora@...
                  http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rcramer/
                  ==============

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                    I can help, anytime after I land on Thursday at lunchtime.

                    Pam

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                      I'll do it if you still need me.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                        Phil, you're too easy, you hussy!

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 27, 2009
                          Hi Becky,
                          I'll be available too.
                          Linda Light

                          ________________________________
                          Hello, all. I am in the process of putting together the paper sessions for
                          the SACC Conference, so it is time for my annual appeal for session chairs.
                          Your job would be to introduce each speaker in the session, keep them on
                          time, and moderate the discussion. If you'd like to volunteer for this
                          auspicious duty, let me know!

                          Thanks,

                          Becky

                        • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 27, 2009
                            I am coming to the meeting but not giving a presentation and could help out. My husband is not going. Anyone (non-smoker, female) want to share a room with me?
                            Ellen Johnson