Re: [SACC-L] SACC Conference Chairs

  • rob edwards
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 27, 2006
      I will be happy to chair the session I am in.

      rls@... wrote:

      > Hi, everyone. This is my annual plea for volunteers who are willing to
      > be session chairs at the Merida conference. Your job as session chair
      > is to introduce the speakers in your session and keep them running on
      > time. I need about five or six people. If you are willing, let me
      > know!
      >
      > I also could use a few more roundtable presenters (leading a lunch
      > discussion), so let me know if you are interested in that too.
      >
      > If you submitted an abstract for the conference, you should have
      > received acceptance information from me by now, so if you have not,
      > please let me know ASAP.
      >
      > Everyone should send in their registration for the conference by
      > February 1st.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Becky

      > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Linda Light
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 27, 2006
        Becky,
        I'll volunteer to be session chair. Unlike Mark, I can take one first thing in the morning!
        Linda

        rls@... wrote:
        Hi, everyone. This is my annual plea for volunteers who are willing to
        be session chairs at the Merida conference. Your job as session chair
        is to introduce the speakers in your session and keep them running on
        time. I need about five or six people. If you are willing, let me
        know!

        I also could use a few more roundtable presenters (leading a lunch
        discussion), so let me know if you are interested in that too.

        If you submitted an abstract for the conference, you should have
        received acceptance information from me by now, so if you have not,
        please let me know ASAP.

        Everyone should send in their registration for the conference by
        February 1st.

        Thanks,

        Becky

        ---------------------------------

      • Dorothy Davis DDBRUNER
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
          I would be willing to chair a session. I would also like to see a luncheon
          round table about "Marketing Anthropology" to exchange ideas about how to
          get students interested in taking ATY classes.

          Dorothy Davis
          Anthropology Department
          UNCG
          Tel- 256-1099

          <rls@...>
          Sent by: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          01/27/2006 02:00 PM
          Please respond to
          SACC-L@yahoogroups.com

          "SACC-L" <SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>
          cc

          Subject
          [SACC-L] SACC Conference Chairs

          Hi, everyone. This is my annual plea for volunteers who are willing to
          be session chairs at the Merida conference. Your job as session chair
          is to introduce the speakers in your session and keep them running on
          time. I need about five or six people. If you are willing, let me
          know!

          I also could use a few more roundtable presenters (leading a lunch
          discussion), so let me know if you are interested in that too.

          If you submitted an abstract for the conference, you should have
          received acceptance information from me by now, so if you have not,
          please let me know ASAP.

          Everyone should send in their registration for the conference by
          February 1st.

          Thanks,

          Becky

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Pulford,Mary H
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
            Hi Becky.

            I am not sure that I will be able to get to Merida this year........... I
            have a shoulder injury that might require some kind of surgery in March. As
            a result I have neither registered or can I volunteer. Best
            wishes............

            Mary

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
              Hello, all. I am in the process of putting together the paper sessions for
              the SACC Conference, so it is time for my annual appeal for session chairs.
              Your job would be to introduce each speaker in the session, keep them on
              time, and moderate the discussion. If you'd like to volunteer for this
              auspicious duty, let me know!

              Thanks,

              Becky

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                I'm giving a paper in the online teaching session, but if you need a chair for another session, I'm available.
                Deborah

                Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
                Anthropology
                Anoka-Ramsey Community College
                Coon Rapids Campus
                deborah.shepherd@...
                http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/shepherd/
                http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc
                phone number: 763-433-1195

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                  I am always available.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                    Glad to help out if you can use me, Becky.
                    Beca

                    ==============
                    Rebecca Cramer
                    missiontosonora@...
                    http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rcramer/
                    ==============

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                      I can help, anytime after I land on Thursday at lunchtime.

                      Pam

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                        I'll do it if you still need me.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
                          Phil, you're too easy, you hussy!

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 27, 2009
                            Hi Becky,
                            I'll be available too.
                            Linda Light

                            ________________________________
                            Hello, all. I am in the process of putting together the paper sessions for
                            the SACC Conference, so it is time for my annual appeal for session chairs.
                            Your job would be to introduce each speaker in the session, keep them on
                            time, and moderate the discussion. If you'd like to volunteer for this
                            auspicious duty, let me know!

                            Thanks,

                            Becky

                          • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 27, 2009
                              I am coming to the meeting but not giving a presentation and could help out. My husband is not going. Anyone (non-smoker, female) want to share a room with me?
                              Ellen Johnson