Deadline Extension - Call for Papers

  • rls@linkline.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2006
      Since I will be out of town this weekend anyway, I am extending the
      deadline for submission of abstracts for the SACC Merida conference to
      Monday, January 23rd. Hopefully everyone has the info by now, but just
      in case, here it is again.

      --Becky

      CALL FOR PAPER PRESENTATIONS

      The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges is holding its annual
      conference in Merida, the capital city of the state of Yucatan in
      Mexico, from March 8-11, 2006. The theme of the conference is The
      Americas: Then and Now.

      Proposals for paper presentations on any topic relating to anthropology
      are welcome. Presentations on teaching anthropology, college-based
      research, outreach programs, and the Americas are particularly
      encouraged.

      In addition to regular paper sessions, luncheon roundtable sessions and
      poster sessions will also be held. Paper presentations are tentatively
      scheduled for 15 minutes. Roundtable presenters will have approximately
      45 minutes in which to discuss their topic with the people who have
      signed up to sit at their table for lunch. Poster presentations will be
      on display for at least one hour. Poster presentations should be
      graphic presentations such as maps, photographs, graphs, charts, and
      tables along with textual summaries of the topic or project. Poster
      sessions allow for a more informal and intimate exchange between
      presenter and audience. Ideally, a poster will be self-explanatory so
      that you can focus on discussion and not on answering obvious questions.

      Abstracts should be no longer than 125 words and must be received no
      later than January 20, 2006. Make sure to include your institutional
      affiliation, contact information and whether you prefer to present a
      paper, a roundtable or a poster with your abstract.

      The abstracts should be sent to Rebecca Stein, preferably via email at
      steinrl@.... Paper abstracts, if necessary, may be sent to Rebecca
      Stein, Department of Anthropology, Los Angeles Valley College, 5800
      Fulton Avenue, Valley Glen, California, 91401.

      Notification of acceptance or rejection of proposals will be completed
      by February 10, 2006. No proposal will be accepted for final inclusion
      in the program until the program chair receives confirmation from the
      AAA, prior to February 22, 2006, that conference registration fees have
      been paid