Re:FW: New Book: Strategies in Teaching Anthropolo

  • Barbara A. Mathieu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 1999
      Thanks for the 'insider's' tip, Chuck!

      Barbara

      Subject: [SACC-L] FW: New Book: Strategies in Teaching Anthropology
      Author: SACC-L@onelist.com ("Popplestone, Ann"
      <Ann.Popplestone@...>)
      Date: 11/2/99 10:27 PM

      Sorry about the duplication....

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ellenbaum, Charles O. [SMTP:Ellenbau@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:Ellenbau@...]>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 3:37 PM
      Subject: New Book: Strategies in Teaching Anthropology

      Colleagues:
      Two friends of SACC, Patricia Rice and David McCurdy, just put together a
      collection of teaching strategies. These strategies are ready to go and
      the
      pages are ready to xerox for your classes. You will find a number of
      familiar names among the thirty-five strategy authors, including me. The
      Foreword is by Conrad Kottak and the Introduction is by Yolanda Moses. The
      material is arranged in the following headers: General, Biological
      Anthropology and Archaeology, and Cultural. There is an annotated index by
      topic, learning outcomes, and student activity.

      I strongly recommend this book for your school's library and your own
      library. In spite of being an "old dog" after thirty-two years of
      teaching,
      I am learning some "new tricks" that should be very fruitful in my classes.

      I do not know the price, but it is a paperback and the material was sent
      in,
      camera ready to minimize their editing expenses. No one took any royalties
      of fees for service for the project to keep the price low.

      Patricia C. Rice and David W. McCurdy (editors). Strategies in Teaching
      Anthropology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2000.
      (0-13-025683-8)
      Chuck ><>

      Charles O. Ellenbaum
      Professor of Anthropology and Religious Studies
      College of DuPage
      425 22nd Street
      Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 USA
      630/942-2433