SACC 2006 Annual Meeting in Merida (3-8-11/06)

  • Chuck Ellenbaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      SACC Colleagues:

      The 2006 Annual Meeting will be in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. It will start Wednesday evening (3/8/06) with a welcoming reception and an officer's meeting. Thursday and Friday will follow the same schedule: buffet breakfast, paper session, midmorning break, lunch with roundtable discussion and/or poster sessions, and an afternoon tour (Thursday: Merida, Friday: Cultural Sites of Interest). Saturday will be a buffet breakfast, lunch, farewell dinner, and an all-day tour of Chichen itza. Sunday you will leave to go home.

      I have attached the registration forms for the conference (reserve you place through the AAA) and the hotel (book your room through Oui Travel) as well as the call for papers (contact Becky Stein). The rooms are $45 per night for single or double. The travel agent has rates for larger parties. He can also assist you with airline bookings if you do not have a travel agent. The registration fee is $250 for members (3 breakfasts and lunches, one dinner, two half-day tours, and one all-day tour).

      If the attachments do not survive the email journey, let me know and I will resend them to you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

      Chuck ><>
      Charles O. Ellenbaum
      President, SACC
      707 Shady Avenue
      Geneva, IL 60134 USA
      Cell: 630-404-1261
      Home: 630-262-1281
      >ellenbaumbridge@...<
      De Colores and Ultreya

      "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

      "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville