FW: New Book: Strategies in Teaching Anthropology

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
      Sorry about the duplication....

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ellenbaum, Charles O. [SMTP:Ellenbau@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:Ellenbau@...]>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 3:37 PM
      Subject: New Book: Strategies in Teaching Anthropology

      Colleagues:
      Two friends of SACC, Patricia Rice and David McCurdy, just put together a
      collection of teaching strategies. These strategies are ready to go and the
      pages are ready to xerox for your classes. You will find a number of
      familiar names among the thirty-five strategy authors, including me. The
      Foreword is by Conrad Kottak and the Introduction is by Yolanda Moses. The
      material is arranged in the following headers: General, Biological
      Anthropology and Archaeology, and Cultural. There is an annotated index by
      topic, learning outcomes, and student activity.

      I strongly recommend this book for your school's library and your own
      library. In spite of being an "old dog" after thirty-two years of teaching,
      I am learning some "new tricks" that should be very fruitful in my classes.

      I do not know the price, but it is a paperback and the material was sent in,
      camera ready to minimize their editing expenses. No one took any royalties
      of fees for service for the project to keep the price low.

      Patricia C. Rice and David W. McCurdy (editors). Strategies in Teaching
      Anthropology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2000. (0-13-025683-8)
      Chuck ><>

      Charles O. Ellenbaum
      Professor of Anthropology and Religious Studies
      College of DuPage
      425 22nd Street
      Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 USA
      630/942-2433
      Fax: 630/858-9845
      >ellenbau@...<
    • Sunny Jiang
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2000
        Where can this book be found? Amazon and Prentice Hall don't have it.

      • DKrass@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2000
          Try <www.phdirect.com. > I got a flyer for that web page with the copy of
          the Rice & McCurdy I bought at AAA.