Greetings

  • Wenzel, Jason
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello, I am new to joining this group and I would like to introduce myself. I currently teach full-time in social sciences at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida and as a part-time adjunct (online) for Brevard Community College. I hold an extended master's in Applied Sociology, Mayan Studies (Anthropology) and Community College Teaching (Education) and I teach in these three disciplines. I am currently working on developing an online introductory anthropology course for Valencia and proposing the adoption of a similar course for BCC.

      Most of my studies in anthropology have been sociocultural with a focus on Caribbean culture, however I have been getting more into archaeology in the past two years. I volunteer regularly with a local anthropology group doing pre-historic and historic archaeology and I have particpated in a field season at the Mayan site of Caracol, Belize. I am currently working on preparing my admissions applications into a graduate anthropology program.

      I really enjoy anthropology and I hope to learn some valuable things about the role of the discipline in the community college from this group as well as connect "online" with fellow colleagues.

      Jason
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
        Jason, welcome! It's good to have you among us. If you'd like, e-
        mail me your mailing address and I'll send you a comp copy of our
        semi-annual publication, Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes.
        Lloyd Miller, editor

        On Dec 1, 2005, at 6:02 AM, Wenzel, Jason wrote:

        > Hello, I am new to joining this group and I would like to introduce
        > myself. I currently teach full-time in social sciences at Valencia
        > Community College in Orlando, Florida and as a part-time adjunct
        > (online) for Brevard Community College. I hold an extended
        > master's in Applied Sociology, Mayan Studies (Anthropology) and
        > Community College Teaching (Education) and I teach in these three
        > disciplines. I am currently working on developing an online
        > introductory anthropology course for Valencia and proposing the
        > adoption of a similar course for BCC.
        >
        > Most of my studies in anthropology have been sociocultural with a
        > focus on Caribbean culture, however I have been getting more into
        > archaeology in the past two years. I volunteer regularly with a
        > local anthropology group doing pre-historic and historic
        > archaeology and I have particpated in a field season at the Mayan
        > site of Caracol, Belize. I am currently working on preparing my
        > admissions applications into a graduate anthropology program.
        >
        > I really enjoy anthropology and I hope to learn some valuable
        > things about the role of the discipline in the community college
        > from this group as well as connect "online" with fellow colleagues.
        >
        > Jason

        > ~-->
        > 1.2 million kids a year are victims of human trafficking. Stop
        > slavery.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/1MXolB/TM

      • Wenzel, Jason
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi Llyod!

          Jason Wenzel
          12389 Antonio Circle
          Orlando, FL 32826

          Thanks!

          Jason

          ________________________________

          Jason, welcome! It's good to have you among us. If you'd like, e-
          mail me your mailing address and I'll send you a comp copy of our
          semi-annual publication, Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes.
          Lloyd Miller, editor

          On Dec 1, 2005, at 6:02 AM, Wenzel, Jason wrote:

          > Hello, I am new to joining this group and I would like to introduce
          > myself. I currently teach full-time in social sciences at Valencia
          > Community College in Orlando, Florida and as a part-time adjunct
          > (online) for Brevard Community College. I hold an extended
          > master's in Applied Sociology, Mayan Studies (Anthropology) and
          > Community College Teaching (Education) and I teach in these three
          > disciplines. I am currently working on developing an online
          > introductory anthropology course for Valencia and proposing the
          > adoption of a similar course for BCC.
          >
          > Most of my studies in anthropology have been sociocultural with a
          > focus on Caribbean culture, however I have been getting more into
          > archaeology in the past two years. I volunteer regularly with a
          > local anthropology group doing pre-historic and historic
          > archaeology and I have particpated in a field season at the Mayan
          > site of Caracol, Belize. I am currently working on preparing my
          > admissions applications into a graduate anthropology program.
          >
          > I really enjoy anthropology and I hope to learn some valuable
          > things about the role of the discipline in the community college
          > from this group as well as connect "online" with fellow colleagues.
          >
          > Jason

          > ~-->
          > 1.2 million kids a year are victims of human trafficking. Stop
          > slavery.
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/1MXolB/TM

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
            Another SACC welcome, Jason. I am Mark Lewine, SACC VP for Membership.
            Please take Lloyd up on the copy of Teaching Anthropology, but even more
            important, come meet with us at the annual conference coming up in March...a
            flyer will be done and sent out this coming week so keep checking this list
            for it. We share a lot of great information about teaching, not even just
            anthro, share issues with each other, do some fantastic field trips in
            interesting areas, and of course, have one great time with each other.
            > Hello, I am new to joining this group and I would like to introduce
            > myself. I currently teach full-time in social sciences at Valencia
            > Community College in Orlando, Florida and as a part-time adjunct (online)
            > for Brevard Community College. I hold an extended master's in Applied
            > Sociology, Mayan Studies (Anthropology) and Community College Teaching
            > (Education) and I teach in these three disciplines. I am currently
            > working on developing an online introductory anthropology course for
            > Valencia and proposing the adoption of a similar course for BCC.
            >
            > Most of my studies in anthropology have been sociocultural with a focus on
            > Caribbean culture, however I have been getting more into archaeology in
            > the past two years. I volunteer regularly with a local anthropology group
            > doing pre-historic and historic archaeology and I have particpated in a
            > field season at the Mayan site of Caracol, Belize. I am currently working
            > on preparing my admissions applications into a graduate anthropology
            > program.
            >
            > I really enjoy anthropology and I hope to learn some valuable things about
            > the role of the discipline in the community college from this group as
            > well as connect "online" with fellow colleagues.
            >
            > Jason

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Linda Light