RE: [SACC-L] Re: Who is Scott A. Lucas? (Who can afford to attend aconference?): No Small Factor

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005
      I have always taken the position that the locals or in this case,
      regionals, know best what their cultural/geographical boundaries should
      be for a regional network. Define it yourself in discussion with other
      regional folks, like Bryan and get back to us with your regional name
      and boundaries

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005
        I would love to attend the next meeting as I have a particular topic I'd
        like to "feel out" among colleagues, however, my budget is limited. So , any
        suggestions any of you have as to external funding resources would be
        greatly appreciated information.

        Renée

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
          I get messages in digest form, so I have just read a number of them that talk about creating regional organization within SACC. Great to hear!

          There's another (more mundane) reason why regional meetings are a good idea. My institution (and I suspect others at this time of stretched budgets), tries to save money by insisting that when we do go to a conference that we go only to regional (presumably with lesser travel expense) meetings and not to centralized, national meetings. I have not heard of any of our faculty getting funded for a national meeting this year, but there are a small number going to regional meetings.

          I'm in Minnesota. Who's in the upper midwest?