I'm Not a Midwesterner

  • Philip Stein
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
      What a great exchange of messages! I think there's
      been more postings in the past few days than in the
      entire past year. I'm looking forward to the SACC
      board and business meetings at the AAA where we need
      to discuss the SACC web site, as we have done several
      times in the past.

      While I may be aging, I am not retired and as a
      second-generation Angelino I am definitely not a
      midwesterner. I think that Leanna's "anthropological
      observations" reveal more about Ms Wolfe than about
      SACC. I have found the "ecletic scattering of papers"
      to be very useful and many ideas presented have found
      their way into my classroom. And the field trips are
      much more than an opportunity to socialize. I learn
      more and experience more at the SACC meetings than
      others I attend.

      Phil
    • John R. Pulskamp, G.R.I., e-PRO Certified
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
        Although I am no longer teaching (I spent a few years part-time at CSUN
        and at East L.A. College) I still enjoy staying up to date with SACC. I
        have only been to one SACC Conference. It was several years ago in
        Santa Monica. Like Philip Stein, I am an Angelino (my great grand
        parents came to Los Angeles just after the Civil War), but learned a lot
        about my own community through that meeting in Santa Monica. I
        especially enjoyed it because it was small, and individuals weren't lost
        in the crowd.

        I, also, am aging (I'll be 63 in a few weeks), but that's what happens
        if you hang around long enough. And oh yes, some of my best friends are
        Midwesterners.

        John R. Pulskamp, G.R.I., e-PRO Certified
        MailTo:JOHN@...
        Century 21 All Moves
        11011 Balboa Blvd.
        Granada Hills, CA 91344