RE: [SACC-L] Re: Who is Scott A. Lucas? (2006 SACC Conference - Merida)

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
      I am delighted with the remarks from Pamela Ford because they stated
      clearly and positively the thoughts and feelings of myself and many
      others. Yes, most community colleges are not generous with faculty
      travel money, but you should know that universities are often worse. I
      will never forget traveling on plane to AAA with C. Loring Brace and
      hearing him tell about how he was on standby to cut flying costs and
      paid for our shared cab because he had to cut corners more than I did. I
      write grants for projects and build in travel funds...just one
      suggestion, but for me, SACC meetings are so good that I would pay those
      prices for an annual travel experience with good ideas, people and rare
      field trips. After next year's retirement, I am sure that Sally and I
      will continue to go to SACC meetings and participate. By the way,
      Pamela, Will and Deborah, we need your leadership and ideas in
      SACC-please run for national office soon and that alone may very well
      increase your chances for travel support-it did it for me! Mark