RE: [SACC-L] Re: Who is Scott A. Lucas? (Who can afford to attend aconference?)

  • Hare II, William E
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hello All,

      I attended the meeting in Vancouver (three years ago?) and had a
      wonderful time, in spite of being the last speaker right before lunch!
      I too made use of professional development funds, paid by our union
      dues, to cover most of the expenses. However, we are limited to about
      $1,000 which is never guaranteed and must be used for ALL projects
      including course work or seminars. Sounds like a lot compared to
      Deborah's situation, but flight and hotel add up quick when attending
      the conference.

      I would like to make another attempt to start a New England regional
      branch in hopes of organizing a local gathering to compliment the
      national conference. A series of regional meetings might help keep
      folks in contact and assist those with limited budgets.

      Will