RE: [SACC-L] Who is Scott A. Lucas? (Who is SACC?)

  • Renee Garcia
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am a new faculty at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo California and
      although I am not yet a member of your organization I do plan to become one
      shortly, particularly after the comments I've read here.

      I was told of your organization by my colleague Claire Cesario-Silva and
      decided to investigate. However, when I went to the website I discovered
      that information was largely unavailable. That is, the links were not up,
      current information on the coming conference was also not very helpful.
      Because my interest is great I sent an email to Lloyd and have subsequently
      become apart of the emailing list.

      I thought it would be helpful for you to know this information as it comes
      from someone who has been teaching for about five years and never heard of
      your organization. But I certainly look forward to being apart of new
      developments.

      Thank you for your efforts,

      Renée Garcia

      Renee Garcia, MA
      Saddleback College
      Dept. of Anthropology
      Universite de Bordeaux I
      Anthropologie Biologique
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
        Lloyd presents, as usual, some significant suggestions as well as
        clarifying the issues. In addition to Scott another non-attending SACC
        person won the initial AAA Teaching Award in its first year, along with
        Dave McCurdy. I would certainly support inviting and paying the reg.
        fee for a reception honoring Scott and/or a discussion of "innovative
        teaching at the community college" or some forum to find out more about
        what he has accomplished. I also sincerely hope that we can plan ways
        to activate the idea discussed earlier: Regional webnetworks and
        newsletters coordinated by Regional VP's. If I had some additional
        assistance as SACC VP to organize this effort (hint) I would help get
        this off the ground over the next year or so.