Re: [SACC-L] Who is Scott A. Lucas? (Who is SACC?)

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hi!

      Could someone send me Barry's comments and the discussion previous to
      Lloyd's comments? I have not gotten this thread and would like to know
      more.

      Thanks!
      Dianne

    • Renee Garcia
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        Hi All,

        I am a new faculty at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo California and
        although I am not yet a member of your organization I do plan to become one
        shortly, particularly after the comments I've read here.

        I was told of your organization by my colleague Claire Cesario-Silva and
        decided to investigate. However, when I went to the website I discovered
        that information was largely unavailable. That is, the links were not up,
        current information on the coming conference was also not very helpful.
        Because my interest is great I sent an email to Lloyd and have subsequently
        become apart of the emailing list.

        I thought it would be helpful for you to know this information as it comes
        from someone who has been teaching for about five years and never heard of
        your organization. But I certainly look forward to being apart of new
        developments.

        Thank you for your efforts,

        Renée Garcia

        Renee Garcia, MA
        Saddleback College
        Dept. of Anthropology
        Universite de Bordeaux I
        Anthropologie Biologique
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
          Lloyd presents, as usual, some significant suggestions as well as
          clarifying the issues. In addition to Scott another non-attending SACC
          person won the initial AAA Teaching Award in its first year, along with
          Dave McCurdy. I would certainly support inviting and paying the reg.
          fee for a reception honoring Scott and/or a discussion of "innovative
          teaching at the community college" or some forum to find out more about
          what he has accomplished. I also sincerely hope that we can plan ways
          to activate the idea discussed earlier: Regional webnetworks and
          newsletters coordinated by Regional VP's. If I had some additional
          assistance as SACC VP to organize this effort (hint) I would help get
          this off the ground over the next year or so.