RE: [SACC-L] 2006 budget notes

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2005
      Dear SACCers,

      I want to give credit where credit is due.

      Mel and Leatha Johnson did an enormous amount of work to make the Savannah
      meetings a financial success. Not only did they produce folders and
      information cheaply, the product looked fantastic.

      Mel deserves and extra big thanks for being treasurer. This is a tough job
      made more difficult by the quirkiness of AAA.

      I want to publicly thank Mel and Leatha for making me look good.

      Cheers!
      Dianne Chidester

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2005
        Mel and Leatha have done the impossible; they are even more
        indispensable to SACC than Chuck was when he was treasurer! Remember
        Mel, you are never allowed to leave this job unless you find and train a
        truly able replacement. (good luck) As for Dianne, she needed no help
        in BEING good!

        I want to give credit where credit is due.

        Mel and Leatha Johnson did an enormous amount of work to make the
        Savannah
        meetings a financial success. Not only did they produce folders and
        information cheaply, the product looked fantastic.

        Mel deserves and extra big thanks for being treasurer. This is a tough
        job
        made more difficult by the quirkiness of AAA.

        I want to publicly thank Mel and Leatha for making me look good.

        Cheers!
        Dianne Chidester

        >From: Melvin Johnson <majohns@...>
        >To: sacc-l@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SACC-L] 2006 budget notes
        >Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:41:19 -0500
        >
        >Dear members--I have completed the 2006 budget. There are some items
        >that I believe you need to understand. I have suggested a budget that
        >has a $5700 deficit. This is the result of several items with one
        >significant item. I have estimated that the publication of SACC Notes
        >along with the maintenance of our back issues on AnthroSource will be
        >$3407. Estimating this item is extremely difficult because of the
        >vagaries of the AnthroSource revenue sources and expenses. Our own
        >portion of the budget is approximately $2000 which includes printing,
        >postage, and expenses of Lloyd Miller for travel and computer
        >reimbursements. Additional items that have also contributed to the
        >deficit include allocations for web sites charges, development and
        >promotion for Logo items, and upgrades for all officer expenses to a
        >minimum of $500 each. I have also estimated a balanced budget for the
        >annual meeting. This years meeting was a financial success with
        >approximately $5000 profit. We had almost $2000 more in registration
        >fees than estimated and over $2000 less in expenses than estimated. we

        >were looking for a $1500 profit, but Dianne outdid herself with this
        >one.
        >
        >Just a note, I will be reporting to you on the annual report of the AAA

        >for 2004. They came out with a glossy annual report, just like the big

        >corporations. There were some startling items, so I requested a
        >detailed statement (they said I could). AAA is having some cash
        >issues. Their balance sheet looks okay, and so does the statement of
        >operations (income statement), but the statement of cash flow revealed
        >some interesting items.
        >
        >Until later, Mel Johnson, treasurer
        >

        >--

        Yahoo! Groups Links