2006 budget notes

  • Melvin Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 8:41 PM
      Dear members--I have completed the 2006 budget. There are some items
      that I believe you need to understand. I have suggested a budget that
      has a $5700 deficit. This is the result of several items with one
      significant item. I have estimated that the publication of SACC Notes
      along with the maintenance of our back issues on AnthroSource will be
      $3407. Estimating this item is extremely difficult because of the
      vagaries of the AnthroSource revenue sources and expenses. Our own
      portion of the budget is approximately $2000 which includes printing,
      postage, and expenses of Lloyd Miller for travel and computer
      reimbursements. Additional items that have also contributed to the
      deficit include allocations for web sites charges, development and
      promotion for Logo items, and upgrades for all officer expenses to a
      minimum of $500 each. I have also estimated a balanced budget for the
      annual meeting. This years meeting was a financial success with
      approximately $5000 profit. We had almost $2000 more in registration
      fees than estimated and over $2000 less in expenses than estimated. we
      were looking for a $1500 profit, but Dianne outdid herself with this one.

      Just a note, I will be reporting to you on the annual report of the AAA
      for 2004. They came out with a glossy annual report, just like the big
      corporations. There were some startling items, so I requested a
      detailed statement (they said I could). AAA is having some cash
      issues. Their balance sheet looks okay, and so does the statement of
      operations (income statement), but the statement of cash flow revealed
      some interesting items.

      Until later, Mel Johnson, treasurer

    • Dianne C
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13 11:22 AM
        Dear SACCers,

        I want to give credit where credit is due.

        Mel and Leatha Johnson did an enormous amount of work to make the Savannah
        meetings a financial success. Not only did they produce folders and
        information cheaply, the product looked fantastic.

        Mel deserves and extra big thanks for being treasurer. This is a tough job
        made more difficult by the quirkiness of AAA.

        I want to publicly thank Mel and Leatha for making me look good.

        Cheers!
        Dianne Chidester

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13 1:34 PM
          Mel and Leatha have done the impossible; they are even more
          indispensable to SACC than Chuck was when he was treasurer! Remember
          Mel, you are never allowed to leave this job unless you find and train a
          truly able replacement. (good luck) As for Dianne, she needed no help
          in BEING good!

          I want to give credit where credit is due.

          Mel and Leatha Johnson did an enormous amount of work to make the
          Savannah
          meetings a financial success. Not only did they produce folders and
          information cheaply, the product looked fantastic.

          Mel deserves and extra big thanks for being treasurer. This is a tough
          job
          made more difficult by the quirkiness of AAA.

          I want to publicly thank Mel and Leatha for making me look good.

          Cheers!
          Dianne Chidester

          >From: Melvin Johnson <majohns@...>
          >To: sacc-l@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SACC-L] 2006 budget notes
          >Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:41:19 -0500
          >
          >Dear members--I have completed the 2006 budget. There are some items
          >that I believe you need to understand. I have suggested a budget that
          >has a $5700 deficit. This is the result of several items with one
          >significant item. I have estimated that the publication of SACC Notes
          >along with the maintenance of our back issues on AnthroSource will be
          >$3407. Estimating this item is extremely difficult because of the
          >vagaries of the AnthroSource revenue sources and expenses. Our own
          >portion of the budget is approximately $2000 which includes printing,
          >postage, and expenses of Lloyd Miller for travel and computer
          >reimbursements. Additional items that have also contributed to the
          >deficit include allocations for web sites charges, development and
          >promotion for Logo items, and upgrades for all officer expenses to a
          >minimum of $500 each. I have also estimated a balanced budget for the
          >annual meeting. This years meeting was a financial success with
          >approximately $5000 profit. We had almost $2000 more in registration
          >fees than estimated and over $2000 less in expenses than estimated. we

          >were looking for a $1500 profit, but Dianne outdid herself with this
          >one.
          >
          >Just a note, I will be reporting to you on the annual report of the AAA

          >for 2004. They came out with a glossy annual report, just like the big

          >corporations. There were some startling items, so I requested a
          >detailed statement (they said I could). AAA is having some cash
          >issues. Their balance sheet looks okay, and so does the statement of
          >operations (income statement), but the statement of cash flow revealed
          >some interesting items.
          >
          >Until later, Mel Johnson, treasurer
          >

          >--

          Yahoo! Groups Links