Re: [SACC-L] 2006 AAA Meeting

  • naftalyp@sunyacc.edu
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5 2:02 PM
      Dianne,
      My experience with this situation the last time was that I was
      overwhelmed with about forty E-mails a day and no way to adequately inform the
      group or get their opinion. At one point AAA demanded an answer within 24
      hours of some new information. Therefore, I am perfectly content to leave it
      up to you as both our elected official and the most informed among us. My
      personal preference would be to keep it as close to San Francisco for political
      reasons and failing that to hold it anywhere except Anaheim.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5 4:53 PM
        Dianne,
        I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
        San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
        prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
        (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!
        Lloyd

      • LAWolfe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5 10:19 PM
          Dianne

          If it were to be a California location, I'd prefer Anaheim over San Jose.
          If its just California dreaming, I'd prefer Yosemite--and then my second
          choice would be San Diego.

          Leanna

          Leanna

          In a message dated 7/5/2005 5:55:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          lloyd.miller@... writes:

          Dianne,
          I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
          San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
          prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
          (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!

        • Robin Franck
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6 8:31 AM
            May I add a plug for San Diego? There are several great venues here. One I have worked with on previous conferences is the Shelter Island Marina Inn which offered fairly reasonable meeting and hotel rooms. Also San Diego has Balboa Park (good Kumeyaay exhibit at Museum of Man), San Diego Zoo (for the biological and physical folks), Tijuana and Rosarito for the lobster lovers and a myriad of other good attractions (Hotel Del Coronado, Old Town and Presidio, Torrey Pines for hikers, etc.) Robin Franck, Southwestern College

            lloyd.miller@... writes:

            Dianne,
            I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
            San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
            prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
            (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            _____