Re: [SACC-L] 2006 AAA Meeting

  • LAWolfe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
      My only misgivings about Vancouver are that the SFAA is planning to meet
      their some time next year as well. For those who seek to attend meetings in
      different locations it wouldn't be a good choice.

      Leanna

    • naftalyp@sunyacc.edu
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
        Dianne,
        My experience with this situation the last time was that I was
        overwhelmed with about forty E-mails a day and no way to adequately inform the
        group or get their opinion. At one point AAA demanded an answer within 24
        hours of some new information. Therefore, I am perfectly content to leave it
        up to you as both our elected official and the most informed among us. My
        personal preference would be to keep it as close to San Francisco for political
        reasons and failing that to hold it anywhere except Anaheim.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
          Dianne,
          I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
          San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
          prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
          (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!
          Lloyd

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
            Dianne

            If it were to be a California location, I'd prefer Anaheim over San Jose.
            If its just California dreaming, I'd prefer Yosemite--and then my second
            choice would be San Diego.

            Leanna

            Leanna

            In a message dated 7/5/2005 5:55:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            lloyd.miller@... writes:

            Dianne,
            I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
            San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
            prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
            (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!

          • Robin Franck
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
              May I add a plug for San Diego? There are several great venues here. One I have worked with on previous conferences is the Shelter Island Marina Inn which offered fairly reasonable meeting and hotel rooms. Also San Diego has Balboa Park (good Kumeyaay exhibit at Museum of Man), San Diego Zoo (for the biological and physical folks), Tijuana and Rosarito for the lobster lovers and a myriad of other good attractions (Hotel Del Coronado, Old Town and Presidio, Torrey Pines for hikers, etc.) Robin Franck, Southwestern College

              lloyd.miller@... writes:

              Dianne,
              I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
              San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
              prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
              (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              _____