2006 AAA Meeting

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
      Do y'all want to take a vote or have me express your preference to the
      committee?--Dianne

      >Dear Colleagues
      >
      >The SLAA Board has voted for Vancouver as the best alternative if the 2007
      >meetings have to be held outside San Francisco. We thank the AAA
      >Executive,
      >the Labour Relations Committee, Dan Segal, Alan Goodman and AAA staff for
      >all their work on this.
      >
      >Gabriela Vargas-Cetina
      >SLAA President

    • Ann Kaupp
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
        you can express your preference for me anyway. Ann
        Dianne, enjoying your summer?

        >>> dianneky@... 07/05 10:37 AM >>>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • LAWolfe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
          My only misgivings about Vancouver are that the SFAA is planning to meet
          their some time next year as well. For those who seek to attend meetings in
          different locations it wouldn't be a good choice.

          Leanna

        • naftalyp@sunyacc.edu
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
            Dianne,
            My experience with this situation the last time was that I was
            overwhelmed with about forty E-mails a day and no way to adequately inform the
            group or get their opinion. At one point AAA demanded an answer within 24
            hours of some new information. Therefore, I am perfectly content to leave it
            up to you as both our elected official and the most informed among us. My
            personal preference would be to keep it as close to San Francisco for political
            reasons and failing that to hold it anywhere except Anaheim.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
              Dianne,
              I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
              San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
              prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
              (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!
              Lloyd

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
                Dianne

                If it were to be a California location, I'd prefer Anaheim over San Jose.
                If its just California dreaming, I'd prefer Yosemite--and then my second
                choice would be San Diego.

                Leanna

                Leanna

                In a message dated 7/5/2005 5:55:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                lloyd.miller@... writes:

                Dianne,
                I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
                San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
                prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
                (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!

              • Robin Franck
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
                  May I add a plug for San Diego? There are several great venues here. One I have worked with on previous conferences is the Shelter Island Marina Inn which offered fairly reasonable meeting and hotel rooms. Also San Diego has Balboa Park (good Kumeyaay exhibit at Museum of Man), San Diego Zoo (for the biological and physical folks), Tijuana and Rosarito for the lobster lovers and a myriad of other good attractions (Hotel Del Coronado, Old Town and Presidio, Torrey Pines for hikers, etc.) Robin Franck, Southwestern College

                  lloyd.miller@... writes:

                  Dianne,
                  I agree with Phil. From what I read, I think AAA is leaning toward
                  San Jose as the least of the non-union "evils;" I certainly would
                  prefer that to Anaheim. However, I'll support whatever you choose
                  (ah, the weight and responsibility of elected office)!

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  _____