Indian educator looking for help

  • Ann Kaupp
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 10:01 AM
      Sociology teacher in India is looking for help in teaching an anthropology
      course. Perhaps some of you can forward syllabi and other ideas.

      Dear Ann,

      Thanks a lot for your support. I will order the book.

      Since I srarted teaching this subject from this year, I am in search of
      some material. If some university has anything for the teachers please let
      me know. Though I have worked with the aboriginals in India and have done my
      doctrorate on one of the primitive community, do not have formal
      qualification in the subject anthropology. My basic descipline has been
      social work. I am looking for some short course in developmental antrho. or
      social anthro ( sponsored ones). Please let me know if you have
      information.

      Thank you once again,

      regards,

      Dr. Chandrakant Puri
      Asst. Director in Social Sciences
      Centre for Distance Education
      SNDT Women's University
      Juhu Tara Road , Santacruz (W)
      Mumbai-400049
      INDIA.
      Tel : 91-22-26609829 / 26607758
      E-mail : chandrakantpuri@... / cdesndt@...

      Ann Kaupp <Kaupp.Ann@...> wrote:
      Sidky is the author of the book that a local professor recommends that you
      obtain. The publisher is Pearson/Prentice-Hall. Maybe you can order it
      from
      www.Amazon.com

      Perspectives on Culture : A Critical Introduction to Theory in Cultural
      Anthropology (Paperback)
      by Homayun Sidky

      Paperback: 531 pages
      Publisher: Prentice Hall (December 30, 2003)
      ISBN: 0130931349
      Product Dimensions: 1.0 x 6.8 x 9.0 inches
      Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds. (View shipping rates and policies)
      Amazon.com Sales Rank: #750,033 in Books
      (Publishers and authors: improve your sales)

      Ann Kaupp, Head
      Anthropology Outreach Office
      Smithsonian Institution
      PO Box 37012
      NMNH, Room 363, MRC 112
      Washington, DC 20013-7012
      (202) 633-1917
      kaupp.ann@...
      http://www.nmnh.si.edu/anth/outreach/anthropology_explored.htm

      >>> chandrakant puri 04/26 1:41 AM >>>
      Thank you professor,

      I will await the mateial from H. Sidky.

      With warm regards,

      Dr. Chandrkqnat Puri

      Ann Kaupp wrote:
      Dear Dr. Puri,

      I referred your inquiry to a local university professor who suggests H.
      Sidky, Perspectives on Culture: A Critical Introduction to Theory in
      Cultural Anthropology, Published by Pearson/Prentice-Hall, 2004.

      >>> Kaupp.Ann@... 04/27 11:56 AM >>>

      Sociology teacher in India is looking for help in teaching an anthropology
      class.
      Ann, can you put this request on the listserve? Ann

      Yahoo! Groups Links