Additional thoughts!!

  • Melvin Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2005
      Greetings again--I was emailing Kathleen Terry-Sharp and had a couple of
      epiphanies--go me! The AAG has just established a new affinity group
      for the Stand Alone Geographer. That lonely soul who is the only
      geographer an educational institution may have. Is this the type of
      person we in SACC should be paying extra attention to, the stand alone
      anthropologist (regardless of institutional type)? Sometimes I think we
      do and sometimes I am not so sure? Is this a person we could actively
      recruite to join or subscribe to SACC? What do you think? Am I missing
      something here?

      Secondly, if you remember a large number of the papers presented at
      Savannah were from non-anthropologists and non-members of SACC. What do
      you think of the idea of having a $15 surcharge at our annual meeting
      that would be used to provide a one-year subscription to SACC Notes?
      They would be getting two things for a single price. A great conference
      and a subscription to a fantastic publication for a year.

      Just some thoughts to pass your way,

      Mel Johnson
      SACC Treasurer

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2005
        On Wednesday, April 20, 2005, at 07:33PM, Melvin Johnson <majohns@...> wrote:

        ><<Original Attached>>
        I think Mel's idea of a $15 surcharge for SACC nonmembers which will give them a one year's subscription to SACCNotes is a good one. I support it.

        Chuck ><>
        Charles O. Ellenbaum
        SACC, President-Elect
        707 Shady Avenue
        Geneva, IL 60134 USA
        630-404-1261
        >ellenbaumbridge@...<

        "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad

        "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2005
          Yes, I concur. Lloyd

          On Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 10:32 AM, Chuck Ellenbaum wrote:

          > On Wednesday, April 20, 2005, at 07:33PM, Melvin Johnson
          > <majohns@...> wrote:
          >

          >> <<Original Attached>>
          > I think Mel's idea of a $15 surcharge for SACC nonmembers which will
          > give them a one year's subscription to SACCNotes is a good one. I
          > support it.
          >

          > Chuck ><>
          > Charles O. Ellenbaum
          > SACC, President-Elect
          > 707 Shady Avenue
          > Geneva, IL 60134 USA
          > 630-404-1261
          >> ellenbaumbridge@...<
          >
          > "The sea never changes, and its works, for all the talk of man, are
          > wrapped in mystery." Joseph Conrad
          >
          > "When beholding the beauty of the ocean skin, one forgets the tiger
          > heart that pants beneath it." Herman Melville

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Dianne C
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2005
            Good ideas like this is why we pay Mell the big money!!! -- Dianne