Penn Center Gullah Studies Institute & a favor to ask

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2005
      Here is a link some of you might want to check out:

      www.pencenter.com/images/brochure.pdf

      The Gullah Studies Institute will take place July 17-July 30, 2005. From
      the looks of the brochure, what we experienced was just an appetizer!!

      Also, I received a call from Barbara McCrudden, the Director of the Penn
      Center, today. She apologized for the long lines at the cash register.
      When I told them that y'all would buy some things, I did not prepare them
      enough. Y'all certainly enriched the local economy! The only days they
      have had larger sales are the Heritage Days and the Gullah Festival. You
      are certainly super shoppers--and super people. The folks at the Penn
      Center asked me to thank you for your support, your generosity and your
      patience.

      Now the favor: I would sure appreciate it if I could get copies of your
      favorite photos and any thoughts you would like to share about the
      conference. I want to turn the notebook Mel & Leatha provided into a
      scrapbook of the meeting. Also, if anyone is willing to submit an article
      for our Anthropology News column, I know Lloyd would certainly appreciate
      it--and so would I!!

      Thank you all, again, for coming to Savannah. I had a great time and you
      made my job a pleasant one.

      Cheers!

      Dianne
    • Dianne C